The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
Under the direct supervising of a Disbursement Officer the Incumbent is responsible for the first level approval of disbursement requests from borrowers for payments and plays a key role in ensuring the efficiency and accuracy of processing:
Disbursement Transaction Processing:
- Analyse and determine the appropriateness of disbursement requests and the supporting documentation for compliance with African Development Bank policies and procedures, provisions of legal agreement and other related documents.
- Process disbursement applications and update data as necessary in the Disbursement Management System.
- Respond to questions regarding payments and disbursement procedures.
- Draft clear and concise correspondence on disbursement-related issues.
- Liaise with concerned Bank’s departments and external stakeholders to resolve disbursement issues promptly.
- Monitor borrowers’ utilization of special account funds, ensuring that the funds are properly accounted for and used in accordance with Bank rules and procedures.
- Participate in disbursement supervision missions with particular emphasis on application preparation and use of special accounts and statements of expenditures.
- Contribute to improving efficiency of disbursement operations by ensuring that records and reports are properly maintained and updated at all times.
- Participate in technical discussions and loan negotiations to ensure that disbursement arrangements are compliant with Bank Group disbursement policies.
- Participate in the review of project documents such as Project Concept Notes, Appraisal Reports, Country Strategy Papers, Project Completion Reports and provide input to supervisors.
Capacity Building/Client Support
- Participate in training of operational Bank staff and borrowers.
- Participate in the design of materials for disbursement seminars.
- Respond to questions regarding disbursement procedures.
- Coach and mentor new Disbursement Assistants on disbursement procedures.
- Perform client support activities associated with the payment process.
- Participate in departmental/divisional task forces.
- Identify issues relating to disbursement policies, procedures and guidelines and recommend appropriate actions or enhancements.
- Identify and recommend changes to disbursement systems, policies and procedures to promote timeliness, accuracy and efficiency in processing while maintaining appropriate internal controls.
- Participate in new systems development and user testing.
- Undertake ad-hoc assignments at the discretion of the Disbursement Officer and/or Division Manager.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least six (6)years of direct relevant experience in accounting.
- Good understanding of basic general accounting concepts and principles, and their application.
- Analytical skills, with strong numerical ability, and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English (essential) and/or French (essential). A working knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage.
- Fully proficient in MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point). Working knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale