Financial Job at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Posted on: 16 June, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Or
WEWE is currently implementing a USAID-funded project and is preparing for a USAID A-122/133 audit. WEWE is hereby seeking for a certified auditor that has experience in managing USAID cooperative agreements with direct reporting to USAID.
The consultant will be engaged to conduct USAID pre-audit on quarterly basis to ensure that WEWE's financial processes and documentations conform to USAID requirements, that WEWE is financially compliant in all material aspects and that WEWE's internal control system is efficient and effective. The ultimate aim of the pre-audit is to prepare WEWE for a USAID A-122/133 audit. The auditor will also conduct statutory audit for the year ended 31st December, 2014.
Location: The assignment will be done in WEWE's office-in Abuja.
Qualification and Experience required:
- The auditor must be certified or if it's an audit firm it must be a licensed to practice in Nigeria.
- The auditor or audit firm must have at least fifteen years audit experience.
- The auditor or audit firm must have at least seven years experience in the audit of NGOs especially audit of USAID-funded project.
Auditor's Scope of Work: The overall duty of the auditor or audit firm will be to conduct USAID pre-audit on quarterly basis for WEWE's USAID funded project carry out statutory audit of WEWE's financial statement for the year ended 31" December 2014, express opinion on the said financial statement, identify non-compliance to USAID financial rules and regulations, and identify action for recourse.
The scope of work shall cover the following important areas:
- Procurement to ensure compliance to WEWE policies and procedures in line with USAID rules and regulations such that procurement action was supported by evidence of a determination that the price is reasonable.
- Workshops - for all (training) workshops conducted, ensure that amounts paid are supported by and agreed to records of payments to participants, facilitators, caterers, etc.
- Expenses - whether payments are duly authorised, accurately paid and recorded,
- Income - grant income & other income accruing to WEWE are completely accurately.
- Equipment inventories - whether these are up-to-date, complete, and accurate.
- Stock inventories - whether these are up-to-date, accurate, and whether withdrawals were adequately supported and approved, and whether physical counts and reconciliation with the ledger have been completed in accordance with WEWE policy and USAID regulations.
- Cash Advances issuance of liquidation in accordance with WEWElUSAID regulation
- Bank accounts whether adequately reconciled each month, whether bank records agree to transaction information recorded in the accounting system (QuickBooks).
- Internal control systems Conduct compliance test to determine the efficiency & effectiveness of internal control system, identify areas of non-compliance & provide advice.
Method of Application
Interested individual Certified Auditors or Audit firms who are qualified for the job should submit their CV or short proposals detailing their suitability for the consultancy to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)Similar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International