Vacancy in a Civil Engineering and Construction Company via Adexen
Posted on: 5 May, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of its clients to recruit a Project Director for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos.
Our client is a civil engineering and construction company whose main focus is the construction of high quality buildings for both residential and industrial use, as well as roads and civil infrastructures.
The Project Director will be accountable for managing large size, road and infrastructural projects and will have, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Supervision of the technical Project Manager and a team of 30 expatriates on the ongoing construction project.
- Oversee the construction of all infrastructures lots (rainwater and waste water drainage, electrical and telecommunications networks, access roads, sidewalks, public lighting, etc)
- Direct interface with client as well as with private and public stakeholders of the project
- Interface with contractors
- Supervision of supplier relationship management (tendering, contracting, contract management, implementation etc)
- Manage project to meet cost, schedule, safety, quality and contractual requirements to the satisfaction of internal and external customers.
- Ensure that the project is administered and executed to the satisfaction of client and stakeholders
- Develop and manage budgets, creating schedules, evaluating production rates, financial forecasting and other project related administration
- Review and approve project expenditures, costs, estimates, budgets, financial forecasts and project schedules.
- Demonstrate dedication to safety and quality control on all projects
- Identify and solve complex problems; use a broad perspective and resources outside the project team to develop solutions, ensure consistency with the project objectives.
- Manage relationships with customers and develops opportunities for project growth.
- Organize the Project Team and fortify all required positions with appropriate and competent persons to undertake project management functions of the project.
- Foster an environment of building team morale and build consensus with the project team.
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Civil/Infrastructural Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of related construction and project management experience. Particularly, infrastructure project management expertise in urban servicing is required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience in preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, as well as additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Strong communication and good presentation skills - particularly in dealing with client and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Fluent English
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Karsto Global Resources Limited
- Interior Design Facilitator (Architect) at DecorhubNG.com
- Commercial Construction & Flooring Estimator at Unico Flooring Distributors, Inc.
- Furniture Design and Technology Training at Aframero Limited
- Jobs at Jenniez School of African Interior Design
- Marketers at PKP Block
- Ayab Truck Drivers at PKP Block
- Business Manager at a Facility Management Company - Beacongate Limited