Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is the global leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil & gas, refining, pulp & paper, power, water & wastewater treatment, metals & mining, food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
Emerson combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, DeltaV, Ovation, and AMS Suite.
The General Manager would provide Leadership to the Nigeria Sales/BDM & Services Organization for all assigned Emerson Process Management Business Units; in order to meet or exceed both the agreed short and long term Orders, Sales and Profit targets for the territory.
The role is to develop and implement a successful business strategy for Nigeria which is consistent with the overall strategy and objectives of Emerson Process Management, North & West Region.
The General Manager will also be responsible for the development a strong organization with a team of hi-potentials. He will provide support and direction to our Local Business Partner.
• Ensure Nigeria operates in compliance with Emerson’s Corporate Governance & Compliance Standards.
• Develop and implement a long term Country Strategy for Nigeria, consistent with the Strategic Imperatives of Emerson Process Management
• Work with our Local Business Partners to develop specific sales and marketing plans; ensure these programs are carried out in order to maximize sales/service opportunity and to improve customer loyalty.
• Meet/exceed agreed short and long term Financial Targets (Orders, Sales, SG&A). Set/manage goals/objectives for all assigned Business. Deliver on Monthly and annual Presidents Operating Report
• Drive regular Local Business Partner, country and divisional review meetings
• Maximize destination business by working in a cooperative manner with our global organization to increase our business.
• Build and develop an organization that can provide sustainable growth across our business groups.
• Develop a company culture that is based upon teamwork, dedication, integrity and continuous improvement.
• Manage headcounts & operating expenses within agreed budgets and assigned Delegation of Authorities.
• Direct and guide Marketing Communication activities.
• Understand customer needs and trends within our industry group in order to enact change rapidly to address these needs. Develop direct high level contact with our key customers.
• Engage in Emerson Process Management Key account and Project Pursuit Teams to maximize Emerson Process Management content. Oversee Nigeria project pursuit and Top 10 project list. Develop long-term relationships with senior management within Key Accounts to ensure awareness of the capabilities of all divisions within Emerson Process Management
• Ensure that Wireless and PlantWeb technologies are driven throughout the country and throughout all divisions. Set clear and concise measurements for success.
• Evaluate need for Representative/ADC’s Network and develop channel plan to maximize our business
• Develop open communication with the divisions’ business development and marketing managers relating to strategy and policy.
• Any other duties as deemed appropriate by you line manager
• Manage projects pertaining to the Oracle Customer Relationship Management application.
• Drive the development of advanced reporting, analytics and dashboards to ensure necessary business insights are able to be gleaned from the tool.
Overall Purpose of the Role
To Provide office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures & policies and administrative projects, for customer representatives (positioned in Emerson Nigeria office) and the Integrated systems Project team of DMC Nigeria office.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Creates and revises systems and procedures for operating practices and recordkeeping systems.
2. Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
3. Provide administrative and office support.
4. Logistics coordination for the office vehicles and support the logistics activities of the office staff.
5. Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
6. Receiving of routine telephone calls, receiving visitors, maintain the decorum of the office area, and preparation for the meeting.
7. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
8. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
9. Assisting team in preparing the MOM and other documentations
• Bachelors Degree.
• 3 - 5 Years Experience
• Excellent written and Spoken English
• Career Ambition,Creativity,Customer Focus,Ethics and Values,Organizing,Presentation Skills,Priority Setting,Self-Development
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.