Vacancy at Pricewatercoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 30 April, 2015
Deadline: 28 May, 2015
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
At PwC, you will find Advisory professionals with unparalleled expertise in business processes, industry insight, technology, and customer relationship skills. Our Advisory professionals help companies anticipate, create and manage change. We help companies to: (1) respond to crises, (2) improve business processes, and (3) transform their business. Note that across all of these solutions, we embed sustainability into our approach. This also includes helping clients to sustain prior changes that may have been undertaken to address a crisis.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Drive the Energy & Power industry business development and execution initiative in Nigeria.
• Drive the development of Energy & Power industry depth within the PwC Nigeria Advisory practice.
• Drive / coordinate the establishment, deepening and expansion of PwC relationships with Boards and the C-Suite Executives for all significant players across the Energy and Power value chain.
• Drive /coordinate the active development of Nigeria / West-Africa industry specific thought leadership, client surveys, events, conferences etc.
• Drive/coordinate the development of tailored Nigeria Deals and Consulting platform offering in the Energy and Power space.
• Collaborate with the relevant competency leaders in executing all Advisory transactions / projects in the Energy and Power space
• Collaborate with the other major LOS (Assurance and Tax) and Geographies (West, East and South) to drive the PwC Energy and Power XLOS and X-geography agenda.
• Manage performance reporting and industry specific economics for the Advisory Energy and Power business
The role will be based out of Lagos. The Advisory Industry Driver, Energy & Power Nigeria may eventually be responsible for overseeing the Energy & Power for West Market, with primary focus being on Nigeria and Ghana.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
• Develop and keep up to date the PwC Advisory industry thesis for the Energy and Power industry /complex
- Industry landscape (value chain, ALL notable players, evolution etc.)
- PwC Advisory’s “unique point of view” on Energy & Power industry developments, trends, dynamics, opportunities, challenges etc.
- Identify the potential PwC client universe within the industry value chain (mid to large cap and relationship dimensions)
- Prioritize focus sub-sectors (by PwC service offerings) and derive PwC Advisory’s very detailed “go-to-market strategy” at the Advisory level, Deals & Consulting level and 9 competency level (in conjunction with other relevant leaders).
- Determine PwC Advisory investment requirements to enhance our industry presence
- Other relevant components of the industry thesis
•Develop and maintain very deep understanding of PwC lines of service, “local” Advisory competency offerings, PwC Africa Advisory capabilities / specializations and PwC Global Advisory capabilities within the context of the Energy & Power complex
• Drive business development efforts including identifying opportunities, developing relationships, scoping prospective engagements and leading proposal development.
- Prioritize clients in Energy & Power for Advisory as a whole
- Articulate priority client relationship building strategy
- Drive the development XLOS and X-Geography teams per client
- Managing client relationships through positive and proactive engagement
- As a trusted advisor, demonstrate a deep understanding of client business challenges & mobilize necessary cross-competency and cross-geography teams to resolve them
- Lead “big game hunting” specialist origination efforts in the Energy and Power space
• Partner with ALL advisory competencies in leading the client engagement delivery through proactive engagement, innovative approaches, issues resolution and quality delivery
- Structure, coordinate and execute Energy & Power engagements including but not limited to: Expansion Strategies; Market Penetration; Vertical Integration; M&A / Disposals; Business Reviews/ Restructuring; Tax Efficient Capitalisation; Investment / Fund Raising; Regulatory Compliance; Risk Management / Controls; Organisation Structuring; Technology Enhancement; Change Management; Human Capital Development; Profitability Enhancement; Process Optimisation and Viability Assessments
- Identify and communicate engagement findings to client management
- Consistently seek client feedback during and outside the engagement delivery cycle
• Develop and deliver “distinctive PwC value / perspective” for the Energy & Power space
- Cutting Edge Thought Leadership; Client Surveys; News Articles / Press (print); and Media Coverage & Interviews.
• Drive the creation of “PwC Nigeria Advisory Energy & Power” and its #1 positioning in the market
- Client Conferences & Events; Internal and External Social Media; Brochures; Websites etc.
• Effectively lead in people development, and manage the team to provide exceptional service
- Develop industry specific training modules and lead the deployment (training sessions)
- Act as role model by engaging staff through mentoring / coaching and counselling
- Support leadership in building and maintaining a pipeline of competent staff in the Energy and Power industry.
- Assist with developing or updating firm methodologies regarding infrastructure operations
• Ensure teams follow risk management policies and standards on engagement delivery in accordance with standards
- Lead and report on industry engagement economics & metrics
• Build good XLOS, X-competency and X-geography relationships, and support key internal roles by aiding them to meet the firm’s objectives
(minimum level of academic and professional qualification and accreditation required to performer effectively in the role)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree in Business or Finance related field is a plus
(Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role)
- Minimum of 8 years of Oil & Gas and/or Power industry experience – preference will be given to candidate with experience across the Oil & Gas to Power value chain
- Track record of advising on successful projects in the Energy and Power industry
- Experience in a senior role or relevant experience in a senior management role in a large/global or fast-growing organization.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have practical industry experience combined with experience in consulting, investment banking or private equity.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relations with senior level clients and key industry contacts.
- Must have significant emerging markets experience - preference will be given to candidates with an existing energy and power industry experience / network in Nigeria / West Africa.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading projects and diverse teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
Job Knowledge Requirements:
(Minimum level of practices, standards, processes, legislation etc)
- Specialist in Business Development in the Energy and Power industry
- Conceiving strategic solutions for clients and developing new methodologies
Job Related Skills and Competencies:
(Minimum level of skills i.e. computer literacy, technical skills, and Technical Competencies required to do the job)
- Excellent Business Development skills – Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Exceptional Presentation, Communication and Facilitation skills
- Strong negotiation skills – Persuading and Influencing
- Strong creativity and innovation abilities
- Exceptional Client Service – delivering results and exceeding client expectations
- Adaptability to respond to change
- Lead and supervise teams and team activities
- Decide and initiate action to achieve key business results within area of responsibility
- Excellent relationship and networking skills - proven track record of dealing with senior client contacts
- Project Management skills - ability to manage across multiple and complex projects
- Application of technical expertise
- Adaptable to working and engaging with multiple cultures across client environment
Method of Application
To apply for this role, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Scrum Master at a Leading Nigerian Bank - Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
- Latest Recruitment at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Chief Financial Officer at CA Global
- Latest Recruitment at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Graduate Service Desk Analyst at FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited
- Job Opportunities at a Leading Financial Institution - Leading Edge Consulting
- Job Vacancies at Boctrust Microfinance Bank
- Windows/Desktop Specialist at a Leading Bank - Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners