Arik Air is a wholly-owned Nigerian airline with a commitment to the people of Nigeria to deliver new standards in aviation.
Arik Air is now Nigeria’s leading commercial airline. People choose to work here for many reasons. There is the excitement of being a part of a vibrant, international and expanding airline community. We also offer the opportunity to travel and this incentive motivates prospective employees who want to join the Arik team and work for the “Wings of Nigeria”.
To maintain the guest house lawns and garden to the highest possible condition.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In charge of grass cutting, weed control and leaf raking
- Planting new trees, flowers and various plants.
- Maintenance of plant tubs baskets
- Making sure that all garden equipment is correctly maintained and serviced
- Clearing rubbish and litter away from the garden and grounds.
- Producing various designs and layouts of garden landscapes.
- Ensuring a safe working environment for everyone working in the garden
- To ensure that all chemical application is carried out in a safe and correct manner.
- Report any dangerous branches, dead or leaning trees to the Management
- To talk to guests about the ground and gardens whenever required.
- Ability to use a wide range of horticultural machinery and powered hand tools
- Good knowledge of plants and vegetables
- Have an in-depth knowledge of pesticide use
- Knowledge of organic gardening methods and techniques
- Must be at least O’level qualification.
- Must have at least 3-5 years working experience as a Gardener
- Knowledge in applying fertilizers and other necessary chemicals to the plants.
- Must have knowledge in gardening including taking care of plants and flowers.
- Must have wide knowledge in different varieties of flowers and plants.
- Must have knowledge in planting and maintaining grass such as Bermuda grass.
- Must have knowledge and ability to do basic landscaping for the plants
- Must have passion in plants.
- To interact with the Operations Supervisor and other support staff
go to method of application »
To ensure efficient and superior service is provided to our passengers through the supervision of a competent airport team of customer service agents.
- Coordinate all aspects of the station’s operations through the supervision of a team of Duty Managers.
- Ensure a safe, punctual, efficient and smooth operation at all times.
- Plan, assign, manage and review the work of staff engaged in various activities in the station.
- Resolve a wide range of operational problems including passengers’ complaints and requests.
- Make recommendations regarding staff hiring, training, discipline, promotions and conduct performance appraisals.
- Represent Arik Air at all airport related functions/meetings and liaise with the relevant government agencies.
- Analyze and make recommendations for improved services and operations.
- Verify and approve all station related invoices and prepare reports and statistics for management.
- Ensure all Arik Air manuals are updated and complied with at all times including the regulations and procedures of regulatory bodies.
- Perform other duties as appropriate and within the station manager’s competence as required from time to time.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the ground handling agents and Arik Air staff
- Represent Arik Air at all airport related functions and liaise with airport authority and governmental offices,
- Performs other duties asked by company if required
- Qualifications / Education: A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Certificates in airport related functions desirable.
- Experience: Extensive and proven experience in a similar role.
- Skills / abilities: Effective written and oral communication skills, strong leadership and customer service skills, proven analytical skills, achievement drive, proactive, a team player, adaptable to different situations, knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of airport operations, aviation rules and regulations, understanding of cultural issues and requirement for professional development.
The Station Manager would be expected to interact with amongst others:
- OCC Manager / Supervisor
- Catering Manager / supervisor
- Fueling Officers
- Maintenance Manager
- Manager of the Handling Agent
- Heads of Government Agencies
- Managers of other airlines
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online OR Send email to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.