Mercy Corps is an international development organization that helps people around the world survive and thrive during crisis and natural disaster. Mercy Corps seeks to engage interested and qualified candidate for an internship position with the Operations Department. The intern will provide support within the areas of procurement and administration activities, in a timely and accurate manner.
INTERN WORKSITE LOCATION: Abuja
DATES OF INTERNSHIP: ASAP
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: 6 – 12 months
INTERN SUPERVISOR: Procurement & Logistics Officer
The Operations Intern will be based in Abuja, you will be providing day-to-day support to the program operations in Abuja, under the direct supervision of Procurement & Logistics Officer, and technical supervision of Country Operations Manager based in Abuja. As part of the responsibilities the Operations Intern will undertake the tasks under procurement, administration and logistics, working in close collaboration with finance and program teams. S/he will promptly and effectively provide all required support to the programs, so to deliver the assistance to beneficiaries in a timely, compliant and transparent manner.
1. Support in the filing and documentation of all procurement documents
2. Conduct market survey, and assist with the collection of bids and quotes from vendors.
3. Act as receiving officer at Abuja office and maintain relevant documents
4. Support the Operations Department in other areas as required.
Qualifications & skills of an Ideal Candidate:
1. A relevant Diploma or Degree qualification is essential.
2. A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities. An interest in learning procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
3. Fluency in written and verbal English required.
1. The intern will develop great interpersonal skills, as they get to interact with our various vendors, and create a network of vendors.
2. The intern will learn how the support function works, especially in an NGO context
3. Intern will improve skills and proficiency in filing and documentation of documents.
Terms & Conditions:
The Conflict Management and Peacebuilding Program Manager will have responsibility for the overall achievement of objectives, and the day-to-day administration and implementation of a peacebuilding program. This will include strengthening the capacity of local partners in the areas of peacebuilding and conflict management, training and curriculum development, reviewing the design and implementation of peacebuilding projects, facilitating clear communication between diverse groups, and ensuring rigorous measurement of program impact and timely reporting.
Interested candidates should forward their CVs and cover letter to the email below with the position applied for as subject of the email: email@example.com
Deadline for Application: 3rd April, 2015.
Note: shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.