GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
As a Field Service Engineer you will be based at our regional office supporting new and existing marine customers. Field service work will include service, commissioning, trouble-shooting and training customers on GE equipment on-board ships. The field service work will take place in shipyards, at ports or offshore.
- - Perform on-site installation of electrical systems and equipment; perform ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation.
- - Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment.
- - Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites.
- - Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.
- - Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration.
- - Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization.
- - Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
- - Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary.
- - Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites.
- - Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards.
- - Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage.
- - Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages.
- - Electrical degree from an accredited university or similar technical qualification.
- - Willingness and ability to travel up to 80% of the time (including overseas), is available to respond to out-of-hours calls.
- - Acts as Duty Engineer when required to receive out-of-hours calls and determines course of action.
- - Must have a valid driver’s license.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred · Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer · Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision · Strong customer service mindset · Prior field engineering experience is preferred · Strong organizational skills · Prior project management experience is preferred · FEP program graduate is preferred (internal GE employees only) · Strong project management skills · Strong oral and written communication skills · Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Job Segments: Engineer, Electrical, Field Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Field Service, Engineering, Manufacturing
go to method of application »
The Product Sales Specialist is responsible for creating and winning sales opportunities for vital sign monitors, and GE accessories in Nigeria and English speaking Africa countries. The Product Sales Specialist may work individually, or where applicable act as part of a One GE Healthcare team and LCS team. The Product Sales Specialist is responsible to maintain the relationship with departmental and technical decision makers in their assigned accounts.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- - Is accountable to achieve Product/Solutions/Service orders and sales OP target for assigned accounts and or territory.
- - Ensure pricing compliance for segment opportunities.
- - Forecast orders and sales within the applicable sales funnel tools and reports for their products/solutions/services in their assigned territory/accounts.
- Territory & Account Management
- - Create territory/account plans including opportunity development, competitive strategies and targets.
- - Build strong business relationships and formulate account relationship plans within the assigned accounts/ territory. Identify & respond to key account technical and departmental decision makers’ needs and maintain customer contact records in the relevant CRM tools.
- - Maintain a network of key opinion leaders within the assigned territory.
- - Track and communicate market trends to/from the field including competitor data and develop effective counter-strategies.
- Product & Market Expertise
- - Maintain up to date detailed knowledge of their product/solution/services. Be able to present and discuss the technology and clinical benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
- - Maintain up to date market and competitor knowledge related to their product/solutions/services.
- - Develop their understanding of the customers changing clinical and/or operational issues and challenges.
- - Create viable product configurations which meet customer needs effectively, while achieving optimum margin for GE.
- - Differentiate assigned product offering during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using GE resources and approved product marketing and product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision making process towards a successful outcome for GE.
- - Represent the company at relevant medical conferences and technical exhibitions to promote product/solution and company.
- Opportunity management
- - Identify and create new opportunities and work with sales leaders and account teams (where applicable) to continuously increase prospect funnel.
- - Drive tender/bid process including the needs qualification, vendor selection, quotation and closure of their product/solution/service opportunities to meet orders, sales and margin targets as well as to maximize customer satisfaction assigned territory.
- - Create and maintain opportunities in the applicable sales funnel tool and/ or CRM tools.
- - Ownership of order and configuration quality at the point of entry to ensure accuracy, configuration integrity and that all requirements are tied to documented customer inputs.
- - Estimate date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of the company's production and delivery schedules ensuring fulfillment of the order is according to customer expectations and enhances customer satisfaction.
One GEHC teamwork
- - Contribute to account plans at accounts covered by account managers/executives.
- - Educates account team members on their product/service/solution strategy and offerings.
- - Collaborate with and leverage subject matter experts and other resources within GEHC channels to build relationships and secure business.
- - Share and follow-up identified leads to other product lines within own accounts and or One GEHC accounts
- - Adhere to and uphold highest standards of compliance to relevant international and local Regulatory and GE Healthcare Promotional Codes
- - Adhere to all applicable GE and GE Healthcare compliance policies, codes and training requirements
- - Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 4 years of selling/promotion experience in a medical, healthcare business or technical field (e.g. biomedical engineering, medical physicists) or Life Sciences field)
2. Previous experience in the Healthcare Industry
3. Ability to interface with both internal team members and external customers as part of solutions based sales approach
4. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
5. Strong capacity and drive to develop career
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language as well as good command of English
7. Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages
8. Excellent organizational skills
9. Excellent negotiation & closing skills
10. Strong presentation skills
11. Able to travel
12. Valid motor vehicle license
13 A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
14 Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Proven and progressive previous experience in sales/services/promotion to technical decision makers e.g. Facilities/Estates managers, Biomedical Engineers, nursing staff, medical specialty staff (Anesthesiology, Radiology, Intensive care, Nuclear Physicists etc.)
Job Segments: Sales, Medical, Engineer, Radiology, Law, Healthcare, Engineering, Legal
go to method of application »
The Master Lean Leader for GE Healthcare will provide analytical expertise to the Lean Six Sigma team & GE Healthcare business in projects supporting growth & productivity. In consultation with the business, determine projects, goals, develop project plans, & facilitate execution of the plan to meet business objectives. Partner with key Business stakeholders to define strategic change opportunities, providing leadership in the application of Lean Six Sigma methodology across assigned business.
- - Mentorship the L6S professionals to drive a continuous improvement culture
- - Coach business team members in the practical application of the Lean tools to drive significant business impact.
- - Wing to Wing business level cycle-time reduction and quality improvement with significant business impact
- - Drive global Lean Six Sigma competency across the entire GEHC organization
- - Ownership for simplification of at least 5 key value stream (both business and QMS processes)
- - Creation of the L6S strategic vision for your area of responsibility. This vision needs to align to the GEHC simplification vision and drive simplification broadly
- - Ownership of the Lean Showcases responsible for significant broad-based cycle-time reduction
1. 4 years BS degree, MBA preferred
2. 10+ years as a Lean Six Sigma Practioner with experience in both transactional and project development
3. Working knowledge of Toyota Production System: JIT, Jidoka, and Heijunka
4. Experience implementation of Lean thinking in transactional and business process using Value Stream Mapping, Poke-Yoke and Kanban.
5. Experience implementing DFSS techniques: DOE, optimization, HALT/HAST, robust design
6. Strong facilitation and presentation skills
7. Experience building, empowering and leading talented cross functional teams
8. Strong Program Management and communication skills
9. Proven ability to communicate complex matters in a simple, understandable format
Preference will be given to EE candidates.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
1. Masters Degree
2. Black Belt, or MBB certified
3. Hands on training in Japan with TPS tools & methodologies
4. A leader who has the vision and courage to pursue big ideas, encourage smart experimentation, and bring innovation to solve complex process issues
Job Segments: Lean Six Sigma, Program Manager, Six Sigma, Six Sigma Black Belt, MBA, Management
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.