Dubbed the "Netflix of Africa", iROKOtv.com is the worlds largest online distributor of African movies. Headquartered in Africa's most populous country, Nigeria, with regional offices in Newyork and Johannedburg, the business has an audience in excess of 6million people worldwide and is regularly featured as one of Africa's fastest growing internet businesses in worldwide press including Techcrunch, CNN, CNBC,Africa, BBC, Variety, Financial Times, Economist and Forbes.
With substantial revenue projections expected over the next 3-5years, iROKOtv is now recruiting for a number of key senior executive roles.
The Content Manager (CM) oversees all the Distribution Content Operational activities at Iroko 3D. This individual is an expert in all things related to content optimization, post-production, Video Editing, Concept Development, and Creative Design.
Critical to this role will be the ability to monitor project workflows and ensure that finance can be sourced for all projects.
Ultimately, the job of the CM is to manage the whole content operations team@ Iroko 3D, thus ensuring that the entire distribution business is operationally optimized. This involves the management and development of the QC/Video Editing Processes and the entire CMS.
- Constant evaluation of all acquired titles to gauge usability of content and ensures they conform to global broadcast standards, most especially aligning them to Iroko 3D partners’ technical specifications.
- Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and delivery goals.
- Ensuring all content backlogs go through an editing & QC process, thus making them broadcast ready.
- Ensures that our video editing/QC and licensing management processes are utilizing the best workflow and technology to support the entire Iroko 3D business.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Supervising video editors and QC employees; be an arbiter of best practices in sound, video quality, grammar, messaging, and style.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the realtime implementation of content strategies.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, uploading, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Serves as liaison between the linear, distribution and the technical teams.
The Markeing & Communication Manager will be responsible for promoting and managing iROKO Linear TV brands. He/She will work closely with the Programs Manager to create marketing campaigns engaging the audience through all the necessary platform and with the Sales department to increase the awareness of the company toward new and existing clients/advertisers. Depending on the load of work and the complexity of the tasks, the Marketing & Communication manager may have a support staff and/or one or two account executives assigned to help in their area, and may also work with the production or creative people to produce commercials for some advertisers. This position requires a decisive, fast-thinking individual with excellent communication, leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills.
This position requires at least a Bachelor’s degree (a Master would be desirable) in Mass Media Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing and three to five years of professional experience in an executive or managerial position (Online/offline advertisement agency, media house, broadcaster, web oriented (B2C) company). Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Budget-management skills and proficiency;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Capable of setting realistic targets and surpassing them;
- Must be effective at making verbal and written proposals;
- Innovative & Creative
- Able to use initiative
- In-depth understanding of the company’s current vision and brand strategy;
- Strong research and analytical abilities to forecast and identify trends and challenges;
- Understanding of Nigeria mass media market (competition, trends, major advertisers, regulatory aspects, etc.);
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach;
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs, as well as pro-active and able to solve problems;
- Knowledge of Facebook ads campainging, Microsoft Office or Google Apps;
- Show an understanding of the challenges facing the industry and the demonstrate the right attitude to work in a challenging and dynamic environment;
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Possess a drive for results
The global goals of the BDM will be to maximize opportunities in the African region and within targeted markets of iROKO Linear channels : The right candidate MUST possess the following to be considered:
- Experience in B2B transactions and prospections
- An understanding of Advertisement incomes
- An understanding of revenues generated by licensees
- Develops, oversees and leads all the day-to-day operations of the sales department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals;
- Establishes performance targets for all sales department employees, and monitors performance on a continual basis;
- Actively prospect clients, propose and implement strategic plans to increase Linear TV revenue;
- Follow up all negotiations and contract drafting process and and anticipate renewal of expiring contracts;
- Provide monthly reporting according to internal procedures detailing :
- Last month activities
- Main highlights and issues
- Key accounts and partners status
- Next month key actions, income projections and targets
- Advices Human resources on all hiring, training and firing of personnel involved in Sales and Business development as well as their job descriptions;
- Seeks out and targets new customers and new sales opportunities, initiates action plan to approach and secure new business for iROKO Linear TV B.U.;
- Cooperate actively with Startimes, Zuku and other platforms Sales & marketing teams for developing joint selling & marketing activities;
- Advices on costing of packages and offer guidance and update on any rate changes to freelance marketers and advertisement agencies;
- Coordinates sales operations with all other departments/divisions of the Company;
- Develops and/or maintains and improves business relations with all clients of the Company;
- Supervise the conception of promotional documents presenting the advertisement packages and rate-cards of iROKO Linear TV channels;
- Prepare promotional plans and contribute to the conception of marketing literature, and sales contracts;
- Communicate new packages and services developments to prospective clients;
- Deal with freelance sales representatives and advertisement agencies;
- Produce audience and impact report to clients and top management;