Best Search Recruitment Limited is recruiting for the following positions: Chief Maintenance Engineer and Training Coordinator
Our client is an International training institute which renders training to diverse sectors of the economy.
- Prepare, facilitate, monitor, evaluate and document training activities in the company.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assess training needs for new and existing employees.
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps.
- Partner with internal stakeholders regarding employee training needs organize, develop or source training programs to meet specific training needs.
- Liaise with subject matter experts regarding instructional design develop training aids such as manuals and handbooks.
- Inform employees about training options.
- Map out training plans for individual employees.
- Present training programs using recognized training techniques and tools.
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, on-the-job coaching.
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
- Track and report on training outcomes.
- Provide feedback to program participants and management.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training material and methodology.
- Maintain employee training records.
- Handle logistics for training activities including venues and equipment.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external training suppliers.
- Coordinate off-site training activities for employees.
- Manage training budget.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Keep current on training design and methodology.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience with instruction or training.
- Knowledge of adult instructional and learning theory and principles.
- Knowledge of instructional design.
- Knowledge of training methodologies.
- Knowledge of learning management systems.
- Knowledge of competency assessment.
- Any relative certification is a plus.
- Planning and organizing.
- Communication skills.
- Data gathering and analysis.
- Problem analysis and problem solving.
- Presentation skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Team player.
go to method of application »
Our Client is a global leader in the manufacturing and supply of glass bottles and complementary packaging solutions in West Africa and the Middle East, is seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of: Chief Maintenance Engineer
- Responsible for engineering operations and directs vendors and subcontractors.
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds.
- Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
- Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Leads operations, assigns work orders, and/or provides technical and procedural training of coworkers and subcontractors.
- Consults with clients to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
- Formulates and implements a preventive maintenance program to ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their rated life.
- Monitors building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions stipulated by company.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by engineering staff.
- Determines that work is complete, equipment is fully functional and client space is in prime working condition.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Planning and scheduling planned and unplanned work
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Dealing with emergency and unplanned problems and repairs;
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues
- Physical requirements to include stooping, standing, climbing and lifting
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines
- Degree in Engineering, Mechanical engineering preferred
- Must possess 10-20 years experience in maintenance.
- Prior experience of working within sectors like Glass, Cement, Steel, Plaster Board / Gypsum and Ceramics
- Good mechanical engineering knowledge, Lubrication, Bearings and alignment, basic fabrication, exposure to Maintenance system WCM TPM TQM etc,
- Exposure to problem solving methodology, CMMS /SAP, spare part management, team management and providing maintenance support in a continuous process industry
- Exposure to negotiations and vendor management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV's to:
Training Coordinator: email@example.com
Chief Maintenance Engineer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.