Vacancy at Management Sciences for Health
Posted on: 24 November, 2011
Deadline: 8 December, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health -
Technical Advisor, PLAN-Health
The Technical Advisor will provide focused, high-quality institutional capacity building assistance for clients of the PLAN Health program in addition to leading project technical staff to strengthen organizations’ systems towards greater sustainability and achievement of their missions. It is expected that technical assistance will focus both on building stronger organizations and on developing individuals to lead them to achieving results.
The Technical Advisor will accomplish these through
* consultations with managers of client organizations
* leading and supervising a multi-functional team implementing technical assistance
* plan and execute strategies for technical assistance
* monitor quality, progress and results
* identify needs for and supervise short term technical assistance.
The Technical Advisor also serves as a resource for identifying best practices, lessons learned, and innovative approaches to institutional capacity building, and for disseminating this information both internally and externally. The Technical Advisor will exercise impeccable professional ethics, and will be aware of and adhere to MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
* Graduate degree – preferably in social sciences, business or health.
* Minimum of five years experience in capacity building in Nigeria
* Experience in supervising other professionals
* Experience in project management
* Experience working in or with public sector organizations, particularly in the health field
* Knowledge of PEPFAR-funded programs and experience in managing relationships with USAID missions preferred.
* Ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to developing a new project in a dynamic environment.
* Significant senior level work experience in institutional capacity building across the areas of finance, human resources, governance, and planning, organizational development, and program management.
* Proven programmatic, technical, and managerial ability and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues in a broad range of indigenous governmental organizations and NGOs.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong facilitation skills
* Ability to produce results in diverse cultural, social, and language contexts.
* Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Willingness to travel within Nigeria regularly and potentially outside Nigeria, as required
To apply for this job, click https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/4501/job
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International