EMC provides the technologies and tools that can help you release the power of your information. We can help you design, build, and manage flexible, scalable, and secure information infrastructures. And with these infrastructures, you'll be able to intelligently and efficiently store, protect, and manage your information so that it can be made accessible, searchable, shareable, and, ultimately, actionable.
We believe that information is a business’s most important asset. Ideas—and the people who come up with them—are the only real differentiator. Our promise is to help you take that differentiator as far as possible. We will deliver on this promise by helping organizations of all sizes manage more information more effectively than ever before. We will provide solutions that meet and exceed your most demanding business and IT challenges. We will bring your information to life.
Reporting to the Solution Principal Director, the Solution Principal is responsible for supporting sales and driving the service bookings primarily within the LEMA (Levent, Emerging Africa) region. The Solution Principal will be expected to participate in pre-sales business development, lead and deliver on consulting projects and provide sales support and proposal scoping, and the development of SoW’s working with field Account Managers and TCs/STCs, SME’s and Partners in order to produce a quality proposal. The Solution Principal provides sales support in developing solutions, and coordinates the development of service line responses to an RFP. Transitions work to delivery organization through appropriate practice management, and contribute to the overall development of the organisation.
The successful candidate would need to be able to effectively work with and deliver presentations with clarity to client personnel at all levels within the organisation.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of, and be able to articulate the cloud and software transformational journey in both business value and technology terms to a variety of client business and IT stakeholder groups. Their understanding of methods, tools, techniques and experience in the Data Centre infrastructure, consolidation, migration, security and management area will help both sustain and accelerate such transformation programmes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive business development with Account Manager, TCs/STCs to support pre-sales activities, with primary focus on identifying, scoping and proposing engagements. Coordinate sales efforts with delivery management and practice management team. Ensure solution reviews are completed with the practice. Participates in Solution and Deal review governance process and supports the sales team in preparing for the review
- Participates in account relationship and issue management activities. Conducts business development activities with broad application of principles and concepts. Build and maintain engagements on a selected list of focused accounts agreed with management within assigned area or territory
- Coordinates sales efforts with delivery management and resource management team. Participates in regional/workgroup/industry marketing events to promote the GPS organisation. Contributes to "go-to-market" collateral. Delivers accurate bookings forecasts within assigned area or territory
- Define, develop and implement actions according to account plans on selected focused accounts with account teams. Develop new business opportunities on focused accounts. Adhere to EMC sales processes and methodologies on all opportunity pursuits. Defines solid, workable solutions and provides resolutions to diverse range of complex business problems
- Ensure formal contractual mechanisms (i.e. SOW) are established and maintained within active accounts. Frequent internal and external customer contacts
- Represents organization on sales leads. Ensure timely start of projects via effective sales to delivery handoff. Fully utilize and contribute to improvement of best practice collateral and intellectual property to deliver value-added results to customer's business. Conduct post-project analysis of SOWs to review planned vs. delivered results
- Continually develop own consulting and subject expertise as required
- Ensure compliance with all corporate processes that govern the management of the Practice. For example; time recording, resource scheduling, SOW creation
Knowledge, Key Skills and Experience:
The following knowledge, skills and experience are mandatory for the role:
- In-depth knowldege and understanding of the LEMA region
- Exceptional consulting skills, including methods, tools and techniques to apply within an IT transformation context
- Strong knowledge and working experience of Data Centre technologies and processes
- Strong working knowledge of the Security and Risk Management technologies and processes
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Enterprise consolidation and migration engagements
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure technologies across server, storage, networks and management technologies with a strong appreciation of cloud strategies, tools and security technologies
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to both work effectively and influence at all levels in client organisations
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Presentation, conflict resolution and negotiation skills desired
The following knowledge, skills and experience are highly desirable for the role:
- Delivery in complex engagements within the IT infrastructure space outside Data Centre consolidation and migration; of particular relevance would be engagements focused on private and hybrid cloud automation and management from a technology and technology / process integration perspective (Orchestration), storage, backup and archiving optimisation, post M&A, carve out and separation infrastructure technology integration, technical shared services development, infrastructure and management cost optimisation and sourcing transformation
- Presentation, conflict resolution and negotiation skills desired
- Project management knowledge and experience
- Business case development within an IT context
- Appreciation of enterprise and system / application architecture
- Good first degree or equivalent
- TOGAF or industry equivalent certified a bonus
- ITIL certification a bonus
- Certification such as CISSP, CISA, CISM desired
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.