The USAID|DELIVER PROJECT, Task Order 4, is funded by the U.S. Agencyforlnternational Development (USAID) and implemented by John Snow, Inc. The project is providing technical assistance to the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) to improve the existing infrastructure of four NPHCDA lanai warehouses (Minna, Kana, Warri and Enugu), which are to serve as intermediate or regional depots from which 1500SubsidyReinvestment and Empowerment Program (SURE-Pl on Maternal and Child Health (MCH) supported health facilities would be supplied medicines and consumables. The project has identifted a need for a Project Manager (PM) to provide technical expertise in the area of warehousing infrastructure development in accordance with the USAID|DELIVER PROJECTS contractual obligations.
- Coordinate project activities with all stakeholders, including the NPHCDA, SURE-P MCH and other government agencies as maybe required.
- Work with the contractors in creating project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Monitor project progress and contractor performance to ensure adherence to the terms and conditions of contract.
- Work closely with USAID|DELIVER PROJECT colleagues to promote client satisfaction and to ensure timely acceptance and sign-off of project deliverables and milestones.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Nigerian regulations and identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Working with NPHCDA, coordinate permitting and site readiness actions as well as perform site inspections for quality control.
- Work with contractors to develop weekly project status reports and other documentation as may be required for the management of the project.
- Maintain projects lists, close-outdocumentation, and all other relevant documentation.
- Monitor budget and expenditures by working closely with the finance office.
- Respond to inquiries from the USAID|DELIVER PROJECT senior management and Home Office HOI colleagues regarding assigned project status and concerns about the project progress.
- Contribute to development and implementation of relevant work plans and activity budgets.
- Adherence to JSI norms and code of conduct as per contractual requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- Professional degree in civil engineering, architecture, or related technical area.
- Current accreditation from relevant Nigerian professional society and/or licensing agency.
- Five or more years' experience in construction-related project management.
- Demonstrate ability to manage tight deadlines and quick turnaround on completion of activities. Examples/references of such abilities will be an added advantage forthis position.
- Demonstrable knowledge on Nigerian building codes, permitting processes, etc.
- Proven command of construction quality assurance procedures.
- Experience with renovation/refurbishment of pharma-grade warehouses is desired.
- Experience with USAID funded projects is desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effectiveness working with culturally and professionally diverse teams.
- Ability and willingness to travetin the field.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter, stating why they consider themselves suitable for the position, within one week from the date of publication of this advert by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should indude the title of the position they are applying for as the subject line of their email. Applications without a cover letter stating suitability will be rejected and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.