Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention. The Company’s range of production-enabling technologies include evaluation services, directional drilling services, controlled pressure drilling (CPD®) systems, cased hole completion systems, expandable technologies, intelligent completion technologies, production optimization systems and all major forms of artificial lift.
- Provide technical and operational offshore and onshore support, and provides an interface between the Weatherford onshore technical support staff and Client offshore representative. To assist customer in successful completion/execution of well intervention programs.
- Job responsibilities:
- Working closely with client’s offshore representation to ensure a successful operation can be carried out. Liaise with crews to ensure equipment is handled and assembled in a safe manner for the job.
- Participate fully in all offshore safety processes. These include, but are not limited to, safety meetings, abandonment drills, time out for safety, tool box talks, STOP and similar initiatives.
- To accurately produce BHA drawings and other necessary documentation to support the offshore operation & its link with onshore (e.g. utilization sheets service tickets & job reports).
- Upon arrival to the offshore installation, or as soon as practical after induction and introduction to the client representative, thoroughly check delivered equipment to ensure that it matches the operations to be performed (based upon the client program) & the manifest.
- Responsible for supervision of Weatherford equipment handling and make up.
- Responsible for safe deployment of equipment & supervision during equipment deployment. Advise offshore drill crews and client representative of equipment working parameters and monitor same.
- Responsible for accurate and regular contact with the onshore operations supervisors during ongoing operations to ensure that operations are being conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Compile accurate end of job report to assist Supervisors and support performance monitoring and lessons learned. Delivery of the completed reports to operations supervisor for discussion and close out.
- Compile accurate equipment utilization reports and deliver to operations supervisor.
- Maintain all own necessary survival, medical and competence & safety certification to meet customer and legislative requirements.
- Requirement for 24 hour on call to be available for work as required.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these.
- Knowledge of Downhole / fishing milling and completion tools and their application.
- Computer literacy with standard packages and Visio type graphic packages.
- Good working knowledge of engineering principles.
Work Experience required:
- Offshore Operations Experience preferably to at least Driller level or Extensive experience of workshop / maintenance environment.
- Minimum of 5 years offshore work experience particularly in Fishing Milling and whipstock operations.
- Experience with Downhole tools and hydraulics
- Computer graphics knowledge
- Completed Senior High School Qualification is essential
- Completed Engineering Qualification will be preferred
- Level 1 Competency Completed
- Intervention and Re-entry Competency completed
go to method of application »
Responsible for the day to day management of the FRE product line.
- Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system. Including:
- Active participation and contribution to specific safety initiatives in meetings.
- Report all hazardous and unsafe acts.
- Actively promote positive safety culture.
Adhere to quality procedure and policies in accordance with the ISO9002 (where applicable) quality assurance
- Compliance to work instructions.
- Raising corrective actions for all non-conformances.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement and / or audit.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the policies and procedures of the QHSE Management System, and advise on potential
- focus areas to improve the system.
Organize equipment, shop personnel and Fishing Supervisors to meet ongoing and upcoming Fishing and Re-entry
- Available on a 24-hour call basis while on rotation to respond to customer needs.
- Works closely with Operations Manager and customers to determine equipment requirements for upcoming jobs.
- Supervision, coaching/ mentoring of all FRE staff in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Build and maintain (Asset History Folders) client specific fishing equipment binders.
- Liaise with drilling and completions teams to review the drilling plans and recommend fishing and re-entry designs for steady state
- and critical drilling and completions operations.
- Participate in well meetings regarding hazard and risk identification
- As required, perform and / or arrange for rig visits to perform audits of Rig Contractor FRE tool compliance and procedures
- Provide the customers with a single point of contact for Weatherford technology and service requirements and queries as it
- pertains to FRE in Angola.
- Maintain high levels of service quality by implementation of Weatherford SSA and Global Operation systems and procedures.
- Monitor the department expenses and are within the budgetary allowance.
- Organize personnel days off and vacation schedules to ensure proper personnel coverage.
- Work with the Operations Manager to organize global support personnel as required for specialty jobs.
- Ensure that all field personnel maintain current industry training certificates (BST, H2S, Driver, First Aid, etc.)
- Organize personnel training to ensure competency to Weatherford's global standard (OEPS and Competency levels)
- Enforce Weatherford QHSE.
- Perform personnel performance evaluation (semi-annually) Personnel disciplinary responsibility.
- Supervise processing of field tickets to ensure a timely submission and accuracy.
- Ensure all FRE jobs are correctly uploaded and approved on WPTS.
- Maintaining an adequate and efficient level of inventory items appropriate to the level of activity
- Ensure that sufficient quantities of equipment and spares are available, identified, serviced and functional
- Assist with the assembly/servicing of all responsible products should the need arise
- Maintain a level of cleanliness and tidiness in the office, shop and yard to promote a positive corporate image and to provide an acceptable workplace for employees
- Minimize inventory and carrying cost by setting realistic and optimum inventory level to manage high demand and low utilisation items.
- Recommend measurers to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service, and suggest changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist employees in solving work problems.
- Verify clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigate and report reasons for discrepancies.
- Review internal paperwork on inter region inventory transfers are accurate.
- Implement inventory control processes to reduce ageing inventory and control order quantity of slowing moving items used to appear in ageing inventory list.
- Compile information and prepare reports of inventory balance, prices, and shortages.
Asset Management – Coordination
- Generate improved level of coordination throughout the Region for higher asset utilization.
- Institute standard business processes enabling consistent application of QHSE standards, leading to a reduced commercial exposure.
- Monitor CAPEX consumption and assist regional BUM’s on CAPEX management.
- Police adherence of Operations personnel for asset movement and transfer.
- Conduct review of asset in repair, ensuring out of service asset in region is repaired and reclassified within established time frame and put back in service.
- Manage the provision of accurate and timely information in accordance with established region processes.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with company policy and implement and apply effective
- control to ensure the custody and efficient use of company assets.
- Generate monthly FRE management reports.
- Other duties as directed.
Skills and experience required :
- QHSE procedural knowledge.
- Competent management skills.
- Good employee interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of relevant computer software.
- Ability to work on own initiative with good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Mechanical aptitude
High School Diploma
go to method of application »
SUMMARY OF OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Maintain all shop equipment, spare parts inventory and ordering, plus all documentation, files and records relevant to equipment operation, maintenance schedules, while complying with Weatherford and Client company policies, procedures, systems and statutory regulations and using sound industry practices.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform high quality maintenance on all Weatherford equipment.
- Trouble shooting on all standard and mechanised tubular running equipment and accessories.
- Retrofit standard tubular running equipment to enable it to be used as part of a mechanised package.
- Thoroughly test equipment before it is released to for operational work according to function test programmes as specified in the work Instructions.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor and local management in their efforts improving efficiency within the operations and maintenance departments.
- To undertake maintenance functions in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Responsible to ensure that both QA and safety systems are followed.
- Travel offshore as and when required assisting with rig surveys, mechanised jobs and fitting mechanised equipment.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements. Provided the instructions are reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Time served mechanic or similar engineering background.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working within an engineering environment.
- Experience of working within a maintenance engineering environment.
- Diesel mechanic experience.
- Plant maintenance experience.
- Hydraulic experience.
- Pneumatics experience.
- Only nationals of the national country will be considered.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale