eHealth Systems Africa develops a variety of tools using AngularJS and CouchDB that are be used to manage outbreak response, vaccine inventory, to organize transport of health commodities, monitor vaccine usage and provide reporting to government and donor partners.
- Job TypeFull Time
3 - 5 years
Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Nasarawa, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara
- Job Field
Administration / Secretarial
Summary: The Secretary supports the ongoing coordination and daily activities of the Emergency Operations Center. S/he is responsible for providing administrative support to the Incident Manager and assist as needed in other eHealth Systems Africa projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules and arranges meetings and conferences for professional(s) and/or management staff and notifies interested parties; makes travel reservations as needed and instructed.
- Responsible for maintaining a diary to follow the time-bound schedule of the Incident Manager and enlist appointments accordingly. Notify the Manager at the end of the day about the next day's schedule.
- Writes, edits and disseminates information through presentations, spreadsheets, letters, mails, and minutes of the meetings, memos and itineraries.
- Responsible for taking minutes during and ensure timely presentation. Also be able to compose, format, prepare, and edit correspondence and reports.
- Inputs action points into the action tracker and updates this as the tasks get accomplished
- Receives and screens telephone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments for professional(s) and/or management staff and provides information to callers requiring knowledge of operations, supervisor's point of view, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures
- Reads incoming correspondence and reports, screening those items that can be handled personally, and forwarding the rest to management and staff.
- Establishes and maintains office files, logs, indexes, control records, or other information concerning the work under the supervisor's control. Also enters, retrieves, updates, verifies, and updates information in the electronic files.
- Maintains the archives of documents and paperwork regarding foreign delegation visits, customer visits, inaugurations, activities and events.
- Must attend all EOC staff meeting and liaise with the EOC Administrative Coordinator where necessary
- Composes and types routine letters, memoranda, reports, scientific or technical material, numerical data, charts and forms. Also types out minutes of meetings and ensures the Incident Manager reviews the draft minutes before it is emailed out to the other members within 24 hours.
- Responsible for performing other duties as assigned by Management
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in Business Administration or any related field. Three to five years administrative experience in related industry, preferably within healthcare
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, (including Excel).
- Proficiency working within specialized software is preferred
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret data that is not well defined or documented and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
go to method of application »
Emergency Operation Centres (EOCs) are currently being developed for the management for the polio epidemic. Governmental agencies and NGOs are uniting to fight polio together through the shared use of the EOCs. Representatives from the NPHCDA, WHO, UNICEF, CDC, FMOH, McKinsey, and Rotary will be stationed at the EOCs hosted in key states.
We are currently seeking Three (3) State Managers to manage the EOCs. This person(s) would need to be highly organised, proficient in the use of computers and technology, motivated, and communicative. The diverse needs of the EOC will require that the State Manager be an innovative thinker and problem solver. This is a unique opportunity to assist in eradicating polio from Nigeria.
- General oversight of the EOC
- Maintain organisational procedures
- Maintain electric and hard copy filing system
- Resolve administrative problems and inquires
- Organising meetings and setting up the meeting room and technology
- Managing other staff members (Administrative Coordinator, Cleaning staff, Guards, etc)
- Keeping track of who is using and how they are using the EOC
- Fixing any facility issues such as plumbing, roofing, etc
- Maintain office supply inventories
- Managing all technical equipment (printers, computers, projectors, etc)
- Manage daily task managers and email reminders
Bachelors Degree from a recognised academic institution in Business Administration, Management or any related field. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making. Exemplary skills with leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams, as well as mentoring other team members in a clinical research setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement. Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Strong business administration knowledge
- Basic accounting skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Advanced use in computers and technology
- Ability to produce business correspondence, proofread for grammar, spelling and punctuation
- with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience scheduling meetings
- Excellent writing and reading skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
Method of Application
Submit the application form including resume, cover letter specific to this position, and references no later than November 24, 2014 . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis thus early submission is encouraged. Applications without these materials will not be considered.
eHealth Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, handicap, gender, or sexual preference.
Use links below to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale