Akintola Williams Deloitte is the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) member firm in Nigeria and the oldest indigenous professional services firm in Nigeria. The firm was established in 1952 by Mr. Akintola Williams, FCA, CFR, CBE, the doyen of the accountancy profession in Nigeria. Our approach to corporate responsibility is shaped by the recognition...
Read more about this company
- The Head, Human Resources will be responsible for effectively planning, designing, developing and evaluating human Job resource-related initiatives that support the rganisation’s strategic goals such as; Objectives performance management systems, people development and organizational culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and drive structural changes to improve performance management systems; allowing identification of high performers and rapid growth and progress patterns for them.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership on the development of appropriate Human Resource practices and processes
- Accelerate progressive drive in company culture creating a strong execution edge and relentless focus on aligning managers and employees with the aspired culture, fostering a sense of ownership and maintaining accountability throughout all levels of the Organisation.
- Build organizational competency on people development, facilitating career path coaching, learning, and development on an individual basis across the organization.
- Articulate, update, and execute the HR strategies, policies, and processes in line with the company's business strategy, key business objectives, and pertinent labour laws
- Evaluate, present the case for change and drive the implementation of the appropriate resourcing and talent management initiatives to ensure that the organisation has the talent required to deliver its strategy.
- Facilitates the adoption of a strategic approach to exit management and oversee the establishment of the appropriate processes and practices.
Performance Management, Succession Planning & Compensation:
- Agree on key performance management objectives with management, develop strategies and put measures in place within Human Resources to ensure that agreed imperatives are delivered.
- Advice leadership on operational performance, succession management, and employee engagement.
- Develop and maintain a competitive and merit-based compensation system to support the Company's reward philosophy as well as its talent attraction and retention strategies.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree / HND in any Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration disciplines
- Professional certification in Human Resources from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria or its overseas equivalent (e.g. HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)First degree or equivalent qualification in Accounting, Economics or any related field
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in a senior generalist HR/HC role in an FMCG or QSR.
- In-depth knowledge of the Nigerian Labour Law and other related laws.
go to method of application »
On behalf of our client in the Financial sector, we are currently recruiting for a Risk Management Officer who will work closely with the Head, Risk Management and operations department to ensure effective and efficient implementation of risk management framework, including review of the framework and analyzing of guarantee application & origination.
The Risk Management Officer will be responsible for assessing, rating, recommending, monitoring and reporting on guarantee operations, financial, strategic and risks compliance that the organisation faces in delivery of its mandate. He/she will also assist the risk department in the assessment and monitoring of the credit risk counterparties, including partner financial institutions, issuers of investment instruments etc.
Workforce diversity is critical to the client and is one of the client’s core values. As such, female candidates are strongly advised to apply.
The scope of work covers the following specific areas:
- The Risk Management Officer shall work closely with the Head, Risk Management to identify and analyse the areas of potential risks threatening the assets, earning capacity and success of operations.
- Collaborate with operations department to perform guarantee applications review, post guarantee review, guarantee monitoring, guarantee claim process review and claims refund activities & implementation.
- Perform regular and delinquency audits to monitor exposure to non-performing guaranteed loans and manage and mitigate credit risk.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders in assessing and providing independent assurance of the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of overall risk management framework, policy and implementation plan.
- Review the presentations of guarantee proposals ensuring that all the information necessary for decision-making are well captured in the proposal.
- Evaluate due diligence recommendation report including risk evaluation and advise management on cooperation with PFIs.
- Evaluate guarantee application received from prospective PFIs to establish the creditworthiness of the PFI, and identify the risks and opportunities in developing a partnership with the PFI and to establish the base to develop a path for the guarantee cooperation including the intensity of the guarantee assessment.
- Review guarantee appraisal of loans to be placed under guarantee to determine the Risk Acceptance Criteria and advise management on key findings.
- Conduct periodic portfolio monitoring on guarantee operations and credit risk to ensure performance & compliance.
- Review and appraisal of guarantee claims application with recommendation on whether to approve the guarantee claim or to reject.
- Review and monitor claims refunds report status quarterly and initiate random file audits to ensure proper handling by the PFIs.
- Ensure compliance with various laws and regulations.
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance/Accounting will be an added advantage.
- Significant experience in financial services particularly in the areas of risk management, internal audit, strategic planning and governance frameworks with at least 5 years hand-on experience.
- A background in banking, actuary or insurance is essential.
- Experience with credit risk guarantees/insurance and exposure to development issues is desirable.
- Ability to exercise and perform oversight functions over governance, risk, compliance and control arrangements in a complex financial operation.
- Proven ability to evaluate a number of risk types, ideally including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, liquidity risk, reputational risk, legal risk, compliance risk, AML risks, information security risk, concentration risk, investment risk, and strategic risk.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements; - Knowledge in regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes in Nigeria.
- Experience in a fast growing, challenging business environment.