City & Guilds/Trade Test/ OND / HND in Mechanical Engineering
5 - 10 years hands on experience in Diesel and Gas Caterpillar Engines/ Gen Sets (G3412, G3408, D3512, G3516, G3512), Sulzer Pumps, Waukesha Engines, Atlas Copco air compressors, utilization of specialist diagnostic tools and equipment (e.g. ET, DDT) with demonstrated excellent skills in Technical Reports writing.
An indigene of the host community (Escravos/Otumara area) that satisfies all other requirements would be preferred for this position to manage current FTO demands
- Skill at Caterpillar gas / diesel engines troubleshooting and repair (G3412, G3408, D3512, G3516, G3512),
- Skill at Sulzer pump troubleshooting and repair.
- Skill at Waukesha Gas Engine troubleshooting and repair.
- Skilled at Caterpillar engine overhaul process (20k and 40k MOH of G3412, G3408, Waukesha and Gas Compressors)
- Skill at use of Caterpillar diagnostics tools (ET, DDT, FUEL TIMING and MANO-METER)
- Skill at overhaul of engine Accessories, Engine Clutches, Cylinder heads, Air starter motors and engine cooling system (radiator and water pump)
- Skilled at Technical report writing.
Soft Skills (Added Advantage)
- Perform basic computer related activities
- Knowledge of worksite hazard management and permit system
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Communication and team working
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Self-motivated and performs under minimal supervision
Roles and Responsibilities
- Operation and maintenance of rotating equipment in remote location
- Review and analyze/trend all equipment failure patterns and offer paramount solutions
- Working on engines (diesel and gas) pumps without supervision
- Lead and manage technical crew for field callouts
- Support other teams for intervention activities in utility power sub-stations and locations
- Carry out troubleshooting of diesel / gas engines, pumps, instrument air compressors and emergency fire pump
- Carry out repair works on caterpillar engines accessories (starter motor, butterfly assembly, diesel / gas engine fuel systems, emergency shutdown switches etc.)
- Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance on rotating equipment (caterpillar and waukesha engines, sulzer pumps, cameron compressors)
- Execute routine FLM (First Line Maintenance) checks on running equipment
- Operate power and hand tools machinery to perform various inspections, repairs, and analysis of equipment
- Use diagnostics tools during overhaul and troubleshooting (ET, DDT, FUEL TIMING and MANOMETER)
- Ability to provide technical support to contractor, analyzing, identifying mechanical potential problems.
- Experience in Oil and AGG facilities operations
- The work location is swamp-field based (Escravos / Otumara field in Delta state) accessible via the boot and helicopter
- The job activity period is daily on 12-hour (7am to 7pm) routine over a 21 -day period
- There is a standard 3weeks on and 3weeks off schedule.
- The successful candidate will manage own absences with his/her contractor for suitable qualified covers.
- There may be need for periodic visits to Shell industrial area for trainings and official assignments.
- Personnel may be required to work extended hours as need may arises.