Marketing and Sales Executive will be responsible for following the aggressive development and implementation of short-and-long-term marketing strategies, plans & campaigns and sales activities with the objective of attracting: a) suppliers and providers to exhibit their services and products in our hospitality marketplace b) customers and clients to book their desired getaways in our portal. Such services may include, but not limited to: stays, flights, transfers, excursions, packages, car rentals, etc.
You shall participate in general sales efforts to promote and sell our destinations/tourism products and other future destinations to groups and individuals in the aforementioned categories, both B2C and B2B.
This position requires building and managing strong industry relationships locally, regionally and worldwide to support the mission, goals and objectives of Continent Building Initiatives and its activations. This work is independent and requires an innovative, outgoing, self-starter, energetic and objective-driven person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or skills required. Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Set up the Sales and Marketing Plans (vision, mission, objective and strategy) in short term and long term.
- Maintain positive and cooperative relationships and work closely with hospitality industry players and establish solid relationships with potential partners from travel service suppliers and providers, including but not limited to accommodation chains/properties, air carriers, transportation companies, event and activity planners, tour operators, etc.
- Build new relationships with potential clients from travel agents, online communities, media, corporate segment, and public relations channels.
- Make budgets, pricings, packages and other activities / offers to drive meet revenue goals.
- Strategize and lead the sales efforts, campaigns and activities to achieve the committed revenue objectives / targets.
- Develop sales materials; conduct personal marketing and promotional visits to potential clients.
- Translate marketplace needs into integrated offerings across all platforms
- Work as an effective cross-functional partner with various internal and external stakeholders including digital operation, brand marketing, editorial, team, etc.
- Participate in relevant trade shows, industry meetings, and organize, execute road shows.
- Leads creative briefing sessions, material development and overall promotional presence for assigned business units.
- Monitors competitive factors in order to capitalize upon market opportunities, minimize the effects of competitive activity and deliver effective messaging within the marketplace.
- Ensures that sales efforts are progressing and meeting goals, targets, etc.
- Create and package integrated proposals, including custom creative and branded programs
- Maintain high level of Customer Relationship Management
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge, experience and passion for tourism.
- Ability for developing new and innovative businesses.
- Professionalism in establishing selective selling techniques.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Has an interest in the evolving media and technology landscapes, with a passion for the latest and greatest innovative solutions
- Well organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments and be willing to get involved in projects with varying degrees of difficulty.
- Willingness to work as an individual and in a group.
- Must have a strong desire for tourism sales with focus on career and industry growth.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners and clients.
- Ability to make verbal and virtual presentations to groups of various sizes and cultures.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to make decisions intelligently and confidently
- Ability to prepare appropriate reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements and budget projections in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to project and recognize potential problems and implement corrective actions.
- Provides the highest customer service excellence.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, hospitality management or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Hospitality, Tourism Sales, Tourism Operations, Sales Management, Destination Management and minimum 2 years of experience leading a team or managing employees.
- Analytical, strategic planning innovation, and thinking out-of-the-box skills.
- Good knowledge and fair experience in digital marketing and social media techniques
- Exceptional skills in sales, customer relations, communications, and problem solving.
- Fluent in English and preferably more languages.
- Knowledge of online booking portals and global distribution systems
- Must show a pattern of significant growth and consistency in prior work experience.
- Must be free to travel as needed to carry out organizational goals.
- Good at Microsoft office applications
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.