The Role Statement:
The job incumbent provides general financial and cost accounting functions to the organization’s financial department in conjunction with other departments.
The position holder determines the actual cost associated with food production by looking at all expenses within the supply chain.
The role involves budget preparation, profitability analysis, reviewing financial records, researching market rates for key business costs, providing data for stable budget developments, allocate indirect costs to internal processes, detailed analysis of suitable cost drivers and evaluation of potential business ventures.
Job location and working hours: The position is located at International Airport, Ikeja Lagos, Nigeria.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Validate the cost of food produced and sold as part of the month-end close
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
- Report on breakeven points by-products, work canters, and factories
- Report on margins by product and division
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing on spending variances
- Analyze capital budgeting requests
- Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group
- Recommend standard costs of food products
- Developing and analysing cost standards
- Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labour, logistic, etc.
- Performing account reconciliations
- Recommending changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximize profit
- Advising executives and upper management on appropriate costing based on financial data
- Supporting finance team with invoicing and capital expenditure
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Finance Manager & General Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- B.Sc in Accounting, Finance, or related courses.
- Relevant certification in Cost Accounting
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and management principles
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the hospitality or FMCG’s
- Strong computer usage skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working successfully with executive and senior management
- Have good communication skills
- Mastery of intercultural sensitivity