If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) supports the US President's Malaria Initiative's (PMI) goal of significantly reducing deaths from malaria in high burden African countries. Social and behavior change communication (SBCC) activities ensure Nigerians are aware of understand, and play their part in the national goal of malaria elimination.
HC3 Nigeria is working with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and partnering organizations to ensure SBCC activities achieve scale and intensity throughout the country. With over 177 million people to reach, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa. Interventions introduced have to achieve impact with a combination of wide reach and intense interpersonal communication activity.
BA-Nigeria Social Mobilization Officer
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (FCT)
Reports to: State Coordinator
- The BA-Nigeria Social Mobilization Officer will provide technical support to the state project team in the process of planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of social and community mobilization activities.
- S/he is expected to 'Work in close collaboration with the Community Mobilizers, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees and the State BA-Nigeria Team to plan, organize, conduct, report and follow-up social and community mobilization activities related to family planning.
- The incumbent will maintain regular communication with State Coordinator, BA-Nigeria Technical Leads and BA-Nigeria Deputy Project Director - Integrated SBC & FP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Support implementation of social and community mobilization activities in collaboration with the Community Mobilizers, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees Support advocacy with religious and community leaders to create an enabling environment to improve awareness on the benefits of family planning and promote uptake of services.
- Organize meetings with religious, traditional and community leaders, village heads, community groups, women's groups, trade associations and other relevant community segments to improve awareness on family planning and availability of services
- Support training and supervision of Community Mobilizers and other social/community mobilization agents working under the Project Family Projector implementing government-led initiatives.
- Support the BA-Nigeria M&E Officer and State Coordinator to effectively collect, collate and report social/community mobilization data as required
- Collaborate with State Coordinator and State M&E Officers to ensure documentation of all community mobilization activities
- Prepare and submit timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Carry out other tasks to support the Project FP& Malaria project efforts as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- HND or a Bachelor's Degree with at least 3-5 years' work experience in advocacy, social and/or community mobilization in family planning or any reproductive health programs
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at State and LGA levels
- Understanding of local communities and cultures in the State of assignment, and ability to communicate fluently in the commonly spoken local language.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully in cross-cultural, team-based environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and Curriculum Vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: email@example.com The subject line of your email should be: "BA State Coordinator" OR "BA Social Mobilization Officer"
Please follow the below instructions EXACTLY. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
- Your Cover Letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and Cover Letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.