Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for its Nutrition team in Maiduguri and Monguno.
Assistant Nutrition Nurse
Location: Monguno, Borno State
- Under the supervision of the Nutrition officer, the Assistant Nutrition Nurse shall ensure the overall support and direct supervision of the teams working in PUI project sites in Kukuwa and cross kuwa.
- S/he will work closely with the Nutrition officer, deputy Nutrition Project Manager and MOH staff in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring of agreed nutrition project activities in line with PUI and Donor guidelines.
Responsibilities And Tasks
- Ensures effective start up, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of nutrition projects
- Participate in Planning and setting up new OTP and SC sites activities.
- Facilitate trainings for Community health workers in Community based Management Acute Malnutrition and IYCF.
- Participating in health, nutrition, and/or multi-sectoral assessments as required.
- Manages all PUI resources (equipment, supplies, HR, vehicle and fuel) committed to the project.
- Conducts regular field visits to provide supportive supervision to the projects.
- Participate in the development of work plans together with Nutrition officer.
- Closely work with the Health program team to ensure that the plan of activities implement effectively, and timely manner.
- Conducts regular field visits and review meetings with Nutrition officer to monitor the implementation of nutrition programs.
- Prepare and submit program reports, ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness per Heath facilities.
- Ensure that the families of malnourished children receive appropriate education and participated in the nutrition program
- Ensure the nutrition items are provided to the health facilities and reach to the intended beneficiaries
- Collect weekly TFP and SFP data (admission and exit status) and report weekly and monthly with narrative reports to deputy nutrition manager ; and ensure report reaches to MoH through its chain
- Establishing linkage with TSFP ,OTP and SC
- Work in collaboration with Primary Health Care Centre (PHCC) staffs and other PUI staffs ,
Specific Objectives linked to the Activities:
- With the support of Nutrition officer and Deputy Nutrition project Manager, ensure smooth implementation of IYCF and CMAM activities integrated with Food Security, WASH and Protection sectors according to the work plans, national and international guidelines. This will include supervision and support of the functions of the Community outreach Workers and health facility staffs
- Actively support a functional referral system from identification of malnutrition cases from different sources including community, health posts and other partners operating in the area, to treatment and follow up of project beneficiaries
- Prepare and share quality and timely data and/or reports as requested by Nutrition officer and deputy Nutrition Project Manager
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Degree or diploma in nutrition or nursing with 1-2 years of experience or diploma in nutrition or nursing have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in working with CMAM, IYCF and other health related programs in emergency contexts
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Be fluent the local language Hausa and Kanuri
- Have excellent organization skills, attention to detail, time management and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Be committed to PUI working principles and values
- Have experience working within humanitarian sector and context
- Computer skills - would be considered as an advantage
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Great moral and ethical sense
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy skills
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Strong understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Well organized, hard worker and rigorous
- Able to manage stress and pressure
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.