- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Internal Audit Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 16 April, 2018
Deadline: 4 May, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services
Internal Audit Associate
Reference Number: 125-NIG00170
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead small engagement teams with responsibility for on field team activities, coaching, supervision etc.
- Coach less experienced team members on engagements and helps them settle into their roles in the firm.
- Apply your understanding client’s issues to identify business opportunities for PwC and be actively involved in business development activities on respective clients and within the BU.
- Execute Quality Assurance (QA) reviews to ensure compliance with organizational policies, IIA standards and other regulatory/other requirements.
- Support the implementation and configuration of audit management systems
Required Experience & Qualification
- B.Sc. Degree in any course with minimum 2.1 GPA.
- ACA, ACCA, CIA (On going).
- Knowledge of Internal audit management tools and solutions
- Minimum of 2-3 years working experience.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Open-minded and open to feedback. Giving timely feedback to members of the team (including upward feedback).
- Positive approach to work effectively delegating (where possible/ relevant) work and encourages less experienced staff to ask questions and offer ideas.
- Demonstrates poise, professionalism and maturity.
- Proactive and demonstrate eagerness to learn.
- Applies professional skepticism. Critically assesses client assumptions/explanations.
- Can effectively plan and design an audit approach that complies with IIA standard and PwC Audit for normal risk sections.
- Able to prepare documentation that meets re-performance standard, is concise well thought out and easy for the reviewer to read with minimal review points and/or changes from review.
- Ability to learn about and work with other cultures.
- Understands client’s culture and politics and is able to act quickly to understand the working environment
- Takes ownership of assigned work; all tasks completed with limited follow up points and within stipulated timelines.
- Appropriately prioritizes work and confirms understanding of priorities with field senior (prioritize based on review schedule (more complex/difficult first) and dependency of other sections).
- Identifies gaps in client’s controls using the control library/control process mates.
- Tracks actuals to budget for their assigned sections / tasks and provides a timely update of progress, including overruns, to the senior.
- Ability to perform internal and external research on clients and their circumstances once assigned to an engagement.
- Demonstrates understanding of less complex issues with clear, concise documentation ( e.g. properly evaluates/documents and other relevant client information and data, file completion steps).
- Questions unusual trends in financial and business analysis and basic inconsistencies in information.
- Understands the purpose of assigned auditing procedures and completes them fully.
- Seeks clarification where required. Consults required audit guides or other appropriate reference material, balancing the need to ask clarifying questions with simple research.
- Identifies straightforward issues and develops a point of view using appropriate research before asking for advice.
- Works efficiently within agreed upon budgets.
- Raises potential issues to the field senior on a timely basis.
- Organizes work in a logical and understandable way.
- Identifies the regulatory bodies and pronouncements that are applicable to client’s business and industry (e.g. CAMA, FRCN Act, BOFIA, SEC etc.).
- Demonstrates awareness of basic risk management procedures on engagements.
- Reads and applies the various technical alerts that are released by the firm and the PwC IA methodology.
- Shares knowledge and insight widely.
- Demonstrate awareness of PwC service offerings.
- Experience in using audit management applications and tools.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Internal Audit Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Accounts / Data Clerk at Twin Star Industries Limited
- Account Graduate Trainee at Tizeti Network Limited
- Cashier at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Finance Assistant at Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Experienced Hire at MyJobMag Limited
- Audit Staff at Dara Ajayi & Co (Chartered Accountants)
- Factory Accountant at Victoria Water Services Limited
- Accountant/ Administrative Officer at Summit Orthopaedics