If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) incorporated in October 2007. HIFASS was primarily established as a continued effort of the Nigeria Ministry of Defence Health services to provide strategic manpower needs of the Military health facilities so as to meet the health needs of Military personnel, their families and the population around military health facilities, especially for the control of HIV epidemic and other related diseases
Reports To: Operations Manager
Job Type: 6 months
- Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical support to PEPFAR HIV/AIDS program and Research activities, USAID and World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in the management of personnel services.
- The Protection and Assistance to the Cameroonian Refugees is a UNHCR project aimed at providing quality services for health care, nutrition and WASH intervention in some LGAs in Cross River and Benue state.
- Therefore, we seeks professionals who will ensure beneficiaries are safe, healthy and empowered for improved health outcomes and resilience.
Purpose of Position
- The Officer takes on the role of leading, coordinating and supervising supply activities within an office.
- S/He will mitigate all potential risks related to the late delivery or low quality of goods and services/works through proper monitoring and managing the performance of vendors, ensuring compliance with the contract’s terms and conditions.
- Planning, developing and managing the procurement activities of the Field Office.
- Responsible for all aspects of supply chain management within the Field in support of its operations, Departments and Programmes, resource allocation, sourcing, supplier management, inventory logistics and channels for distribution, forecasting, supply chain initiatives as well as flow and processes management, including:
- Ensuring compliance with established tendering and quotation procedures for the supply of goods and services.
- Conducting quality control on supplies and materials received.
- Carrying out local market research and procuring local supplies.
- Facilitating the receipt of supplies.
- Developing and ensuring the efficient implementation of the procurement plan.
- Analysing all procurement proposals to determine appropriate strategy or approach, performing market research to develop proposals on revisions of procurement plans, procedures and policies.
- Responsible for managing the receipt, storage, issue and distribution of basic commodities to the refugee camps.
- Responsible for all aspects of transport management within the Field; including vehicle maintenance, registration and insurance and related machinery and equipment;
- Serves as a member of Committees as applicable.
Requirements, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Admin, Social Science, Business or Public Administration
- 2 years of relevant administrative experience is required in the areas of procurement and Admin. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web based
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Communication and Relationship Management: ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgment
Method of Application
Applicants should send their current Curriculum Vitaes and Cover letters to "The Assistant Director, Human Resources (HIFASS)" in only one attachment (MS word document) and indicate the title of the position and choice of location (e.g Cross River State) as the subject of the mail to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicant will be invited for interview and HIFASS will not cover any cost for invited shortlisted candidates.