iROKOtv is a web platform that provides paid-for Nigerian films on-demand. It is one of Africa’s first mainstream online movie steaming websites, giving instant access to over 5,000 Nollywood film titles. iROKOtv is a part of iROKO Partners which is one of Africa’s leading entertainment companies, housing brands such as iROKING, an online music platform and its YouTube website, Nollywoodlove.
iROKOtv was launched on 1 December 2011. Its parent company, iROKO Partners, was founded by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter in December 2010, with its headquarters in Anthony village, Lagos, Nigeria. iROKOtv which has been dubbed the ‘Netflix’ of Africa, is the world’s largest legal digital distributor of African movies.
Head of Scheduling and Programming
The Head of Scheduling and Programming will design the most competitive and imaginative schedules for all our channels: ROK on Sky and DSTV, IROKO 1 & IROKO2 on Startimes, Iroko Music on Canal+ and any future launches. You will ensure consistency across our mobile and digital platforms. In this wide-ranging role, it’s all about delivering brilliant shows that people want to watch, when they want to watch them. You could be scheduling shows across multiple territories to make sure we hit our maximum audience figures, reach the right demographics and compete with other channels in Africa and other markets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be managing the day to day and long term programme planning across all our dedicated global Nollywood channels.
- You will be working closely with the Creative, Distribution, Acquisition, Marketing and Programme Logistics teams to develop market leading strategies and assist in the development of digital, linear and non-linear strategies to support all available platforms.
- You will oversee the detailed monthly production and delivery of programme schedules for all feeds.
- Ensure the schedules complement IROKO’s portfolio delivering effectively against competitors and meeting the strategic objectives of the company.
- You will also be using quantitative and qualitative data to find trends in audience viewing habits or contribute to the planning of advertising campaigns for our programmes.
- You’ll have a strong understanding of short, medium and longer term scheduling strategies, along with detailed knowledge and understanding of key competitors and ideally you will have a love for Nollywood.
- You’ll have sufficient experience of audience research and analysis to have gained a thorough knowledge and understanding of how audiences watch television and consume content online.
- Broad and deep experience of TV programming.
- Ability to work across a number of channels and brands, and multiple territories.
- Experience of creating and executing editorial strategies for targeted audiences.
- Experience of successfully and creatively launching new content to targeted audiences.
- Thorough understanding and experience of successfully scheduling programming in a highly competitive arena.
- Demonstrable evidence of leadership, motivation and people skills across the range of levels.
- Strong organisational skills and able to meet fixed deadlines. Reacts to constant changes in priorities by reorganising work to meet shifting deadlines and targets.
- Creative mind set to come up with different approaches or solutions that fit the business.
- Excellent interpersonal and decision making skills.
- The ability to motivate others and lead by example.
- Ability to operate at a strategic level, to take the broad overview and to understand both short and long term implications of decisions.
- Proactive approach to improve processes.
- Strong communication skills with the confidence and ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders.
Method of Application
If you are interested in working for Iroko at our Lagos offices, please send a short cover letter detailing your experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.