GBV Case Worker at International Medical Corps
Posted on: 6 March, 2018
Deadline: 9 March, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
GBV Case Worker
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Women’s Center Case Worker will be responsible for case management and psycho-social support of vulnerable women, including survivors of violence, in the project sites in Maiduguri
- Provide direct, one-on-one and ongoing case management services, including safety planning
- Provide direct, one-on-one emotional support to survivors throughout case management process including final case evaluation and closure
- Provide referrals for survivors to other services including child protection and specialized mental health services, accompany of survivors where appropriate and conduct follow- up to ensure appropriate services have been provided to the survivor.
- Identify gaps in referral services and report these gaps to the GBV Manager for action.
- Liaise with community volunteers for purposes of survivor follow-up as part of case management to individual survivors.
- Ensure survivor-centered services, including adherence to guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, safety and security and non-discrimination
- Complete and maintain case management records to maximize confidentiality and safety
- Participate in case review meetings and referral coordination meetings if needed
- Submit case management reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Conduct an analysis of trends of GBV incidences and related information on a quarterly basis and present report to the GBV manager for advocacy and program future program
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Submit weekly and monthly activities reports to the supervisor every Friday and at the end of each month.
- Educated to university level (First degree or HND preferably in social science, psychology or a related Field)
- Hausa and English languages required; Kanuri language be must
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Experience working with survivors of GBV an asset
- Previous training/experience in GBV programming an asset
- Comfort in living and working in Maiduguri.
- This is vacancy is open to women only, so only qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications which should be addressed to the "Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps" via: email@example.com
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered
- Know More About International Medical CorpsSimilar Jobs
- Consultant - Assignment: Endline Evaluation of EUTF Multisector Support at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Advocacy & Campaign Coordinator at Save The Children
- Deputy Chief of Party, Rural Resilience at Catholic Relief Services
- Livelihood Coordinator at Save The Children
- MEAL Officer at Save The Children
- MEAL Assistant at Save The Children
- Food Security & Livelihood Officer at Save The Children
- Laboratory Technician at St Kizito Clinic