The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Cash & Voucher Programme Officer
About the Job
- The Cash & Voucher Officer is responsible for coordination and implementation of DRC CBT (Cash Based Transfer ) activities in the intervention communities in Borno State.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Plan and ensure the effective implementation of the CBT
- Contribute to all CBT related field work, including community mobilization, beneficiary identification/registration, distributions, and monitoring.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Coordinate payment procedures, including documentation, approval and actual payment/voucher distribution
- Maintain all documentation relating directly to CBT activities required to ensure accountability to DRC and donors, particularly where labor is concerned.
- Oversee administrative matters relating directly to CBT activities: time-sheets, payment schedules, required paper-work and liaison with finance department.
- Oversee administrative matters relating directly to cash transfer activities including reconciliation with cash-out agents following distributions.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
- Work with the AFSM/FSM to prepare monthly cash requirement forecast for CBT activities.
- Provide information on CBT activities as requested by the FSM and AFSM.
- Support orientation for all new staff on CBT.
- Report on any problems encountered in the field such as project participant complaints, local authority interference, and security threats to DRC staff and activities.
- Coordinate with DRC Security Officer and Food Security Manager on any threats to DRC staff and activities; promptly reporting incidents/security threats in areas of operation.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to DRC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- And any other duties assigned to him/her by the AFSM/FSM
To be successful in this role we expect you to. All employees should master DRC's core competencies:
- Prepare and share work plan with the AFSM/FSM according to the programme detail and implementation plan
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports to AFSM/FSM.
- Provide the AFSM/FSM with relevant documents, and channel issues.
- Taking the lead
- Striving for excellence and
- Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- B.A/B.Sc in relevant field required; 3 years of experience working on the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Prior experience implementing CBT with an INGO is preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English; fluency in Kanuri or Hausa is required
- Contract length: 4 months
- Designation of Duty Station:Maiduguri,Borno State
- Start Date: 1st March, 2018
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- “DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.”