Officer, Public Relations (Media Relations) at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 9 November, 2017
Deadline: 15 November, 2017
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Officer, Public Relations (Media Relations)
- To manage the media relations program for MTNN and serve as first line interface between MTNN and key stakeholders in local and international print and electronic media.
- Analyse and evaluate the outcome of media relations programs and recommend approaches for enhancing the effectiveness of media interactions as required.
- Assist in developing, executing and managing corporate communication plans, programs and activities towards the generation of adequate levels of public awareness about MTNN and its operations, in local and international markets and ensure a professional corporate image is maintained.
- Provide support in all aspects of MTNN’s nationwide media relations’ strategy, including handling media queries, media interviews and press conferences.
- As directed, assist in developing media briefing documents for Corporate Communications Department, which include pre-briefing meetings and assist in the distribution of related news and articles.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with senior media representatives both locally and internationally on behalf of MTNN, interacting with MTNN Senior Management on broad media relation issues
- Take editorial responsibility for the company’s website, and other corporate communications tools, developing top line key messages and ensuring positive media publicity is uploaded in the relevant channels.
- Review media reports in relation to MTNN’s services and offerings, including newspaper reports, press releases, signing ceremony, customer forums, etc.
- Maintain effective working relationship with mass media representatives in order to enhance the overall presence and perceived relevance of MTNN Corporate Affairs in the media arena.
- Conduct frequent outreach visits with media outlets nationwide to establish personal contacts and keep them informed regarding MTNN services and contacts.
- Assist in developing wide corporate communications structures and systems that enable the effective dissemination and collation of information from stakeholders (including electronic medium –websites, periodic newsletter, newspaper, etc).
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- First Degree in any relevant discipline.
- Fluent in English.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in media management in a world-class company, Multinational or Agency, two of which should have been at supervisory level.
- Media relations
- Crisis Media Management
- Public relations
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Senior Manager, Global Accounts Management at MTN Nigeria
- Officer, Public Relations (Events & Sponsorship) at MTN Nigeria
- Commercial Legal Advisor at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Senior Communications Officer at Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation
- Social Media Evaluator at Appen
- Graphics Designer at Garmspot Nigeria Limited
- Multimedia Storytelling Consultant at Heartland Alliance
- Graphics Designer at Genesis Group
- Online Performance Marketing Manager at Transsnet Financial
- Knowledge Management/Communications Officer at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- E-learning Programme Coordinator at LEAP Africa