Controls Assurance Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 14 January, 2020
Deadline: 28 January, 2020
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We're one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
Controls Assurance Senior Associate
Reference Number: 125-NIG00232
- As a Senior Associate in the Digital Risk and Cyber Security, you will lead controls assurance engagements for our clients and support the clients in their desire to improve their processes and control environment.
- You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their complex Risk and Controls needs.
- You will provide value-added insights that help to improve system and business control effectiveness across various organizations.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct reviews on IT general computer controls, application controls and IT security;
- Assist clients in identifying and assessing business process controls and linkage to IT systems, including complex systems (e.g. Finacle, Flexcube, Oracle ERP, Navision, SAP etc.);
- Assist organisations improve internal controls;
- Perform data analysis using ACL, SQL;
- Report to a Manager or Senior manager on most projects. You will also often have to work in teams.
- Working with our leading clients in key industries in the Risk Assurance team, you will gain exposure to:
- Lead and work within Digital Risk and Cyber Security teams to assist the Engagement leaders in carrying quality audits and other assurance services to clients across various industries.
- Participate in all aspects of IT audit and non-audit assurance engagements including planning, coaching, execution and tracking engagement progress to ensure pre-agreed deadlines and milestones are met.
- Ensure engagements are executed in accordance with firm’s methodologies and guidance and professional standards.
- Provide guidance, coaching and timely quality constructive feedback to team members
- Assist with the preparation of management control recommendations reports to assess client’s internal controls and highlight areas of improvement.
- Promote positive and creative working environments.
- Manage communication with internal and external stakeholders and their expectations effectively.
- Building client relationships through engagement delivery.
- Experience in IT Audit, Software testing, Application testing;
- Strong Project management skills - ability to plan, execute and complete smaller projects, meet deadlines, deliver output for key milestones etc
- Leadership skills - ability to lead self and others effectively, monitoring progress of team, coaching less experienced team members; promote positive and creative working environment
- Advanced Communication & Presentation skills - ability to communicate effectively and with impact both verbally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders
- Problem solving - ability to analyse complex information and scenarios and generate a workable solution to the problems posed
- Client relationship - effectively manage client relationships
- Business development - support business development activities by making input into proposals and other value proposition documents
- Bachelor's and/ or postgraduate degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and/or other business fields of study. Minimum of second class upper;
- 3 - 5 years’ relevant work experience;
- Experience in the use of ACL / SQL;
- Experience in the review of Flexcube. Finacle, Navision, SAP, Oracle ERP is an advantage;
- Experience in the review of IT infrastructure (operating systems, databases and network systems) is an advantage;
- Possession of or willingness to pursue related professional certifications such as CISA and ACCA Part Qualified.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Financial Analyst at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Liaison / Admin Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Loss Adjuster at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- Underwriting Specialist at Transsnet Financial