FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Assistant Technical Officer - Monitoring and Evaluation
Location: Borno State, Dikwa LGA
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
- The ATO - M&E will assist in monitoring and evaluating program activities at the assigned field site.
- Primary responsibilities include collecting information on project activities in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Assist in conducting routine monitoring visits to sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision
- Design monitoring and evaluation tools
- Participate in regular monitoring exercises such as Post Distribution Monitoring, Client satisfaction survey, KAP and Focus group discussions.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to supported facilities, including collecting data on project activities and assist in the preparation of weekly/monthly reports.
- Institute/strengthen disease surveillance and early warning system in project supported facilities and communities
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building to project supported facilities
- Responsible for the complaints and feedback mechanisms /community-based mechanism (community sessions, suggestion boxes, complaint desk)
- Ensure that hard copies and soft copies of data collected are kept at project sites
- Responsible for data entry of project inputs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues related to the communities.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa languages. Understanding of Kanuri language is a plus,
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Knowledge of the project terrain
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS, MD or its equivalent with minimum of 1 year relevant experience in emergency and constrained settings, INGO experience is most desirable.
- BSc/BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant degree with 1 - 3 years post NYSC experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- A sound understanding of humanitarian assistance programming is desirable
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Pension plan.
Other Benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Know The Salaries Structure of FHI 360 via MYSALARYSCALE.COM