Igbo Language Education Consultants at Creative Associates International
Posted on: 11 December, 2019
Deadline: 17 December, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others.
Igbo Language Education Consultants
- Commencing in October 2015 under funding support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the five-year Northern Education Initiative Plus (the Initiative) project is strengthening the ability of Bauchi and Sokoto states to provide greater access to basic education - especially for girls and Out-of-School-Children (OOSC) - and to significantly improve reading outcomes for more than one million school-aged children and youths.
- The Initiative employs a holistic approach, addressing a broad range of critical factors that affect learning, teaching, systems management, parental participation and community engagement.
- The project strategy focuses on strengthening the technical and administrative capacity commitment and accountability of federal, state and Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs) to provide effective English and mother-tongue based Early Grade Reading (EGR) teaching and learning to its pupils. Also, to deliver literacy numeracy and life-skills to OOSC and youths and whenever possible mainstream them into formal schools.
- The Initiative is implemented by Creative Associates International in collaboration with three U.S.-based international organizations—Education Development Center (EDC), Florida State University (FSU), Overseas Strategic Consulting (OSC)— and four Nigerian organizations—Value Minds, Civil Society Action Coalition on Education for All (CSACEFA), Reading Association of Nigeria (RAN), the Federation of Muslim Women’s Associations in Nigeria (FOMWAN), and more than 46 local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
- The Initiative is focused on building programmatic ownership among Federal, State and Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs), as well as increase their commitment to quality early grade reading instruction and increased access.
- The Initiative will need the services of consultants who will be responsible for supporting development of scope and sequence curriculum materials in Igbo based on the developed scope and sequence for pupils and teachers. The consultants needed are as follows: Igbo Teacher Education Expert, Igbo Language Expert, Igbo Graphics Designer, Igbo Illustrator, Igbo Reading Advisor and Igbo Curriculum Materials Developer.
Interested and qualified candidates should send an electronic copy of the detailed scope of work of their SPECIALTY by sending a request to: email@example.com With the mail subject "Application for Igbo Language Consultant"
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Igbo Language Education Consultants - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from Creative Associates International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Grants Officer at Creative Associates International
- Know More About Creative Associates InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Consultant - Development of a National and State Plan of Action on Ending Violence Against Children in Nigeria at UNICEF
- Nursery and Early Years Teacher at Silverwood School, Maryland
- English / Literature Teacher at D-Pride International School
- CCNA / A+ Instructor at HiiT Plc
- Consultant Anaesthetist at The Premier Specialists' Medical Centre
- Consultant Paediatrician at The Premier Specialists' Medical Centre
- Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist at The Premier Specialists' Medical Centre
- Consultant Paediatrician at Cedarcrest Hospitals