GBV Coordinator - Partner Support at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
Posted on: 10 December, 2019
Deadline: 12 December, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
GBV Coordinator - Partner Support
Location: Maiduguri, Borno with frequent visits to project locations.
Department / Sector: GBV/Protection
Reporting to: GBV/ASRH Program Manager
- The GBV Coordinator, partner support directly oversees the overall implementation of an assigned partner including supporting their proposal development, budget, activity plans, procurement and spending plans and reporting.
- She/he is responsible for staff management, budget management, supervision and coordination of all activities concerning their project.
- She/he manages at least 3 NCA GBV Partner support officers based in the field and liaises with Maiduguri main office support teams and reports directly to the GBV/ASRH program manager.
- She/he represents NCA in relevant coordination structures and ensures timely and effective implementation of rapid response activities, including oversee of financial, logistics and security needs of the project of partner in the field.
- He/She is responsible for the quality of NCA’s programming and for NCA’s active role as an important humanitarian actor in the field locations with partners.
- Manage and Oversee specific project/partners GBV programming as direct focal point.
- Ensure development and review of monthly activity and movement planning by the teams
- Manage GBV teams including direct management of GBV officers and indirect management of case workers, outreach workers, volunteers, safe space personnel, partners and other program staff as may be requested.
- Ensure survivor centered approach of programming and supervision of staff including supervision of follow up, referrals, action plans, and support services provided to GBV survivors, ensuring that the survivors receive the minimum package as needed.
- Work closely with the GBV program manager and other team members to Initiate planning for longer-term GBV prevention and response activities
- Lead field level coordination, representation of GBV/protection and joint response and engagement of beneficiaries as needed.
- Review activity budget for various teams for approval
- Work closely with support departments for effective and timely programming hence, follow-up on necessary logistics, finance, security, HR, Admin processes.
- Lead GBV safety audits and other rapid assessments in based locations/as required the by GBV program coordinator and submit reports.
- Attend capacity building training and mentoring sessions for self-development and to enhance program quality and staff engagement
- Provide capacity building trainings program staff as necessary
- Monitor program implementations, supervision, and monitoring on activities and provide feedback to GBV Program Manager.
- Ensure GBV response and prevention activities are strictly followed and adhering to guidelines and organizational principles and strategy.
- Contribute to proposal development ideas with input based on feedback from beneficiaries, assessment, and other necessary information relevant for action.
- Track activity expenditure on a monthly basis.
- Submit monthly, status and other reports as requested by GBV program manager/Head of programmes
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience, And Qualification
- At least 3 years or more proven experience in a similar function desirable.
- Experience in GBVIMS, GBVIMS+ and case management
- Minimum Degree in Psychology, Social Sciences, Public Health, Humanitarian Work, Nursing required
- Flexible and willing to make regular visits to deep-field locations
- Attended trainings on GBV and is aware of protection issues.
- Well experienced in working on empowering women and girls.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri plus any other local languages in northeast Nigeria an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization, including relevant staff working for the NCA.
Time management skills:
- Computer literate especially micro soft work excel database and power point. Knowledge of other software an advantage desired.
Good report writing skills:
- Ability to coordinate and work with other partners and stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to take initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to stay and work in remote areas as required
- Computer literate with skills in MS-Word, MS-Excel database and power point. Knowledge of other software an advantage.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Cover Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- GBV Outreach Worker at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- GBV Officer at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- GBV Case Worker at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- Know More About Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')Similar Jobs
- Program Officer at Education as a Vaccine (EVA)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Lead at Alan & Grant
- Peace Building and Conflict Resolution Lead at Alan & Grant
- Supply & Logistics Specialist, (P-3) at UNICEF
- Health Specialist (Health Systems Strengthening), P4 at UNICEF
- Consultant - Development of a National and State Plan of Action on Ending Violence Against Children in Nigeria at UNICEF
- Grants and Compliance Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Laboratory Specialist at Management Sciences For Health - MSH