Chief Operating Officer at Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)
Posted on: 7 November, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Ananda Marga Universal Relief Tea
AMURT arrived in Nigeria in 2010. Ebonyi State was selected as the first project area because of its high rates of maternal and infant mortality. AMURT Nigeria has fifteen full time employees, in addition to around 50 health workers covering five rural health centers. AMURT’s focus is to extend primary healthcare and care for mothers and newborns to remote rural areas that previous had no access to health facilities.
Chief Operating Officer
The COO will report to the Country Director, and will have operational responsibility for AMURT Nigeria’s Administration, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
- Review and improve AMURT’s administrative, management and program policies and procedures to upgrade its efficiency and effectiveness. Oversee the implementation of the same
- Review and upgrade operational standards and monitoring & evaluation systems for higher quality programming
- Oversee all administrative support activities under the program.
- Lead the process of meeting program deliverables, according to the strategic plan, in a high quality and timely fashion.
- Foster effective teamwork among employees from the health center level to HQ
- Ensure compliance with all donor- related, organizational, and program-specific policies.
- Supervise and mentor senior management staff.
- Provide managerial oversight to all project activities and partnerships, and ensure compliance with the organization’s regulations.
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree is a plus
- Knowledgeable in primary healthcare.
- Must have 2-4 years relevant working experience, ideally in health related NGO
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to foster adaptable, and innovative approaches to health and community-based programs
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion for uplifting the lives of marginalized peoples, and compassion towards all beings
- Have an understanding of and appreciation for the values, culture, philosophy and policies of AMURT.
- Public relations and fundraising experience is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
- Recent Jobs from Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Outreach & Development Director at Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)
- Senior Accountant at Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)
- Know More About Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)Similar Jobs
- Front Office Administrator (Software Solutions) at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Admin Officer at Fort Knox Group
- Operations Manager at Owens and Xley
- General Manager at Lington & Bernie Consulting Limited
- Pro/Operation Officer at Box Residence
- Admin/HR Manager (Male) at Coleman Technical Industries Limited
- Personal Assistant (PA) at Smart Partners
- Office Secretary (Female) at Nocturnus Security Limited