Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.stanbi
Business Development Manager - SIPML (Abia/Imo)
Job ID: 36735
Job Sector: Financial Services
- The Business Development Manager is responsible in providing tailored consultative solutions for all Pension and Gratuity related matters in the region by driving voluntary contributions across the employees of assigned institutions and growing SIPML’s market share in RSA Holders and Assets Under Management.
- Responsible for ensuring clients perceive, feel and experience the Company positively through timely and conclusive resolution of pre and post sales issues; and other related/incidental matters.
- The Business Development Manager is also responsible to support and deliver on the universal financial solution goals of the Stanbic IBTC Group.
Achieve monthly sales target in RSA & Contributions:
- Achieve and surpass assigned monthly RSA pin target
- Achieve and surpass assigned monthly/yearly contribution target
- Achieve and surpass assigned new employers targets
- Grow SIPML’s wallet share of employer’s business by generating and creating more contributing RSA pins.
- Provide advice to employers, on potential Pension/Gratuity solutions based on consultative analysis of their business model and pension industry dynamics.
- Identify, initiate and convert leads for SIPML.
- Operate within the Pencom guidelines and framework so as to avoid sanctions or infractions to the Company.
- Analyze and review potential labor challenges or peculiarities that may lead to sub-optimization for the employer or organization.
- Make physical / telephone calls / e-mails to clients for customer interactions
- Organize and facilitate Interactive sessions and Rotating Desks/PoW with clients and prospective clients.
- Effectively communicate and follow through, with client requests to back office /support units
- Maintain and update comprehensive employers’ database.
- Ensure Employers have updated contribution schedules.
- Collect schedules from Employer for upload to clients’ accounts.
- Follow up with employers on monthly pension contribution as at when due.
- Increase number of funded and contributing RSA Pins in the department.
- Consistently identify value to our customers by leveraging the various resources within the group
- Ensure not more than 5% customer attrition from assigned institutions during the transfer window
- Collect and correct email mandates for employees in assigned institutions
- Organize CFI capture with Organizations periodically by the regulator.
- Grow SIPML’s share of mind among clients/ organizations in assigned institutions
- Increase the funding and contribution ratios of employees’ contribution within assigned institutions
- Proffer possible strategies/ways to improve sales and relating to customers.
Ensure Legislative Compliance and SIBTC standards:
- Educate and enlighten employees and their employers about the dynamics of the Pension industry
- Operate within the Pencom guidelines and framework so as to avoid sanctions or infractions to the Company
- Ensure adherence to code of ethics and all other related guidelines
- Ensure smooth internal & external stakeholder management
Internal & External Relationships
Wealth - Internal Clients:
- Maintain close contact with all internal stakeholders within Wealth – Benefit Administration, Administration, Contribution & Collections, Investment Management, Information Technology, Client Services, Client Experience, SIIB, SIAML, SITL and across all segments
Regulatory Authorities - Manage the relationship:
- Liaise with Regulator on product development
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in General Social Science
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Masters Degree in Marketing
Wealth Management - Relationship Management(Enterprise):
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with exposure in sales relationship management & leadership position
Corporate Banking - Portfolio Management(Investments):
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with exposure in client profiling
Personal and Business Banking - Customer Service and Sales:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with exposure in sales relationship management
Wealth Management - Client Relationship Management:
- Minimum of three years sales experience with exposure in sales and relationship management
Effective Business Communication:
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience in order to explain, persuade, convince and influence others to achieve the desired outcomes..
- The ability to communicate and deliver information verbally in a clear, concise and comprehensive manner to other people, using appropriate props and tools.
- Knowledge and practical application of the requirements for KYC Compliance including the determination of beneficial ownership in complex client corporate structures.
- The ability to use marketing techniques to increase the perceived value of the organisation over time and build customer loyalty through positive brand awareness.
- The ability to analyse customer needs by engaging with them, analysing their business objectives and their financial position.
Applications: Microsoft Office Suite:
- Ability to use Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- The ability to interpret regulations and laws that apply to the business and to provide information to business on how to comply e.g. Pension Reform Acts 2014.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.