Neem Foundation is Non-Governmental Organisation that is committed to improving the lives of those affected by the North- East insurgency in Nigeria through building inclusive communities, providing and raising the standards of psycho-social care and countering extremist narratives.
Neem Foundation is currently offering ten paid volunteering opportunities within our Psychology Department (The Sanctuary) – focusing on data collection within several communities in Abuja. This 10-day volunteering role is an ideal opportunity for people wishing to gain valuable research experience in a leading national non-governmental organization.
Junior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Junior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to the Senior M&E Officer, and will be responsible for implementing partners to provide strategic guidance to Monitoring and Evaluation on all Neem Foundation projects. S/he will support Neem Foundation’s M&E activities across all sectors including periodic assessments / surveys and routine gathering of project implementation information collection in our field office. S/he will implement efficient systems for accountability to beneficiaries, donors and other stakeholders, and will collate and archive project documentation; and foster cross-learning among all projects.
Duties and Responsbilities:
- Support the development and regular updating of Neem Foundation’s M&E tools, approaches, frameworks and databases;
- Support the Senior M&E Officer on the field to monitor all projects’ implementation progress on a regular basis against Neem Foundation’s quality standards and international humanitarian principles through monitoring visits, data quality audits, spot check against reports and review of implementation reports;
- Support implementing partners in collection and analysis of data (method, formats, software, etc.), indicator measurement, feedback and complaint mechanisms, negative impact analysis, etc.
- Provide technical support to HQ Programme Leads on the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities, data management and integration of cross-functional issues;
- Support project wide assessments and surveys including baseline and other evaluative surveys. This might entail leading recruitment, orientation, deployment and management of external consultants;
- Support learning and knowledge management within all projects and ensure such best practice is communicated across Neem Foundation; and
- Ensure robust and participatory beneficiary accountability and feedback mechanisms are established, used and reported against.
Minimum Education Requriement:
- A Bachelor or Masters’ degree in social sciences / Statistics / or related fields.
- Specialized knowledge and training in statistical software (IBM SPSS, NVIVO, STATA, ATLAS.TI) and/or data processing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-3 years’ experience in project implementation with an NGO, research institution, or development body (donor, UN agencies, development agencies);
- Knowledge and experience in the use of project planning and monitoring tools;
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to details;
- Very strong writing and report compilation skills; and
- Ability to work closely within a team/group environment.
- Integrity, Accountability and Commitment;
- Excellence, Diversity and Respect;
- Ability to think creatively, analytically and strategically;
- Able to take initiative in mobilizing and facilitating activities;
- Multi-tasking and coordination skills (Planning & Organizing);
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills;
- Hausa (an added advantage).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.