Pharmacy Technician (Locum) at DEDA Hospital
Posted on: 23 August, 2019
Deadline: 29 August, 2019
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at DEDA Hospital
Deda hospital, located in Abuja, seeks the services of qualified female Nurses/Midwives resident in Abuja and fluent in Hausa Language to provide care to patients, to fill the position below:
Pharmacy Technician (Locum)
- Helps helth care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing out-dated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Fills in Doctor’s pescription to calculate proper dosage and to prepare appropriate cost of bill to patients for drugs to be sold.
- Organizes medications to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Mathematical skills for performing accurate calculations
- Experienced in dispensing of drugs and filling of prescriptions
- Demonstrable ability to maintain accounts of medicines. (stock level, expiry date etc)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- 1-3 years cognate experience (preferably in a hospital)
Method of Application
This is a LOCUM position. It will be on a full-time basis. Only applicants who do not currently have a permanent role are eligible to apply.
Send CV only to email@example.com. Use PHARM TECH LOCUM as subject of your email.
- Know More About DEDA HospitalSimilar Jobs
- Assistant Technical Officer, Pharmacy at fhi 360
- Superintendent Pharmacist at Adcem Healthcare Limited
- Pharmacist at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Pharmacy Technician at Optimal Specialist Hospital Limited
- Quality Control Officer at Adcem Healthcare Limited
- Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician at POGIL College of Health Technology
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant at DEDA Hospital
- Pharmacist at Health Plus Limited