The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
Perform clinical laboratory activities according to ALIMA protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment.
According to medical prescription, prepare and perform clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following ALIMA protocols and procedures. This function includes, among others:
- Taking blood, vaginal and urethral samples.
- Centrifuge blood and urine samples.
- Perform laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological, according to context of the mission).
- Ensure proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Take care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment:
- Apply hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to ALIMA protocols and highest safety standards.
- Supply orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Keep organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
- Report all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage of laboratory equipment or medicines.
- Ensure that the recipients are transfused with ABO/Rh compatible donor blood
- Screen donor blood for syphilis, hepB, HepC and HIV, match cross
- Include protocols for donor selection, pre-transfusion testing monitoring, investigation of transfusion reaction and stringent clerical systems.
- Donor blood collection packs.
- Reagents and equipment required for accurate hemoglobin measurement, ABO/Rh blood group, HIV,HepC,HepB and syphilis testing
- Suitable cold chain for donor blood
- Train MOH staff on laboratory and blood safety transfusion management.
- Community mobilization and sensitization for volunteers blood bank
- Ensure the lab materials are well working
- Ensure stationary is available
Essential Laboratory Technician diploma /degree.
Minimum 1 year working experience essential.
Mission language desirable and local language essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Part of any ALIMA-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organisation.
- The job description can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
- NB: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive as it could be amended from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
Work location: ASKIRA-UBA, Borno State.
Contract Duration: 6 months,.
Method of Application
Submit online your Application Letter & CV with colour picture, Subject: Laboraty Technicial – Askira-Uba to email - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
or Hard copy in ALIMA’s office in Askira-Uba.
Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.