Part-time Armored Car Driver at The Nigeria Field Support Services Project (FSSP) Transtec
Posted on: 13 August, 2019
Deadline: 16 August, 2019
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at The Nigeria Field Support Services Project (FSSP) Tr
Transtec - The Nigeria Field Support Services Project (FSSP) being managed by TRANSTEC is a project designed by Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) to assist in ensuring quality and relevance of Canada development programme in responding to Nigeria’s development challenges by providing access to technical expertise with local knowledge and experience.
The Nigeria FSSP provides a range of services in support of the implementation of DFATD programming in Nigeria and is instrumental in enabling DFATD to deliver on commitments and results in Nigeria. It provides access to specific local knowledge and expertise that broadens DFATD’s understanding of local development issues and informs the design of sound development strategies.
Part-time Armored Car Driver
Statement of Need
- The Nigeria Field Support Services Project (FSSP) seeks a suitable candidate/service provider to convey our consultants/personnel with armored vehicle while on mission to various destinations within Nigeria.
- The successful candidate/service provider will be under the general supervision of the Project Manager and the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, FSSP Nigeria.
- Must have minimum 5 years' work experience as a Driver; a safe and clean driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair/maintenance
- Must be licensed to drive and operate an armored vehicle, and must always observe the rules of the road
- Should be familiar and experienced in driving in the Plateau, Bauchi and Cross River routes as well as other similar routes and destinations
- Must observe at all times basic courtesy to passenger(s), fellow motorists and road authorities
- Must be able to communicate and write in English, and always have professional appearance during hours of operation
- Must be honest and have positive attitude.
- Driver’s license is required
- Experience with an International Organization/NGO is an asset.
- The successful service provider is expected to provide quotation on per day basis
- The service provider is required to provide service during missions only.
Contractual and Payment stipulations
- Contract duration: 1 year (renewable)
- The contract is subject to a three-month probationary period
- FSSP will pay for services delivered based on the invoice and service log forms signed off by the service provider and the FSSP Operations Coordinator
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their proposals providing full details of present and past work experience to: Info_fssp_ng@transtec.be Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications received after the above date will not be considered.
- Know More About The Nigeria Field Support Services Project (FSSP) TranstecSimilar Jobs
- Dispatch Rider at Stresert Services Limited
- Driver III at IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- Pickup Driver at Willers Solutions
- Truck Driver at Willers Solutions
- Dispatch Rider at AT&A Investment Limited
- Executive Driver at AT&A Investment Limited
- Driver at RoVedana
- Dispatch Rider at FEZ Consultants