Process Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Posted on: 7 August, 2019
Deadline: 20 August, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Job ID: 117354BR
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Skillpool: Exploration & Production
- The Process Engineer is a member of the Process Engineering & Technology Team in DW Project Organization and shall provide process engineering expertise to projects.
Main Job Function
- Plan, manage and deliver specialist process and process safety engineering discipline support. This covers process modelling and simulation, process calculations, perform steady state and transient hydraulics, Design Review and HAZOP, production system optimization and process engineering support to ongoing projects.
- Initiate, manage and carry out conceptual studies and derive optimum development plans.
- Identify and select optimum facilities concept.
- Optimize asset performance throughout its lifetime.
- Execution of input to projects
- Provide process engineering inputs to projects
- Delivery of process engineering input to mature cost-effective, timely, engineering solutions to DG3, complying fully with DCAF and Asset Integrity Process Safety Management Standards, DEM1 and DEM2.
- Carry out conceptual engineering and optimization studies to define engineering projects in terms of technical scope, cost execution strategy and schedule.
- Provide process engineering expertise in the review and optimization of existing production facilities.
- Liaise with Operations staff to identify engineering project, and to conceive, screen and develop alternative solutions.
- Engage with Projects organization to ensure flawless handover of scope to (detailed) engineering after DG-3.
- Engage with Integrated Activity Planning to develop a (resource)plan for the multiple scoping sessions.
- Engage with Development organization.
- Design, commissioning and startup support for projects.
- Participates in Causal Learning, Root Cause Analysis, or 5-why incident investigations.
- Analyze plant reliability performance data (production losses, equipment history, etc), identify improvement opportunities, and recommend appropriate action to methodically improve Production Team and site wide reliability.
- Participate in interdisciplinary teams to devise and implement sustainable solutions for operational and technical issues including Bad Actors, Chronic, Systemic, and site wide threats.
- Network with Reliability Engineers, Projects & Technology, Discipline Engineers, and industry groups to develop and implement Best Practices.
- Plan, manage and deliver specialist process and process safety engineering discipline support and advice. This covers process modelling and simulation, HAZOP and design reviews, production system optimization and process engineering support to Bonga operating asset.
- Significant experience in the E&P industry, preferably with some experience in Root Cause Analysis:
- Relevant operations experience is an advantage.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) degree in Chemical Engineering or its equivalent.
- 3 - 7 years post graduate experience in process engineering and skilled in the use of simulation tools e.g., HYSYS/UNISIM, Flarenet, PIPESIM.
- Experience in Field/facility engineering and technical safety/risk engineering.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills, know-how of planning.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Detail understanding of the relevant parts of process engineering standards.
- A drive for continuous improvement.
- Effective team working and good written/verbal communication skills.
- Energy and enthusiasm are essential.
- Self-driven and strong finishing capabilities.
Additional Competence Requirements:
- Proven knowledge of oil production processes
- Proven commitment to delivering results within time and budget with a service-oriented focus
- Ability to engage with Operations and various levels of Discipline Engineers, Technical Authorities, Management teams and senior stakeholder representatives
- Ability and confidence to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Management of Change
- Strong analytical abilities and practical approach
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Shell Petroleum Development Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Civil and Structural Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Global Performance Engineer - Naval Architecture/Mooring/Riser at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Project Risk Management Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Security Intelligence Analyst at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Know More About Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Procurement Engineer at Lington & Bernie Consulting Limited
- Senior Shelter Cluster Coordination Officer, P4 at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Electrical - Support Supervisor at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Bio- Medical Engineer at Doheney Services Ltd
- Technical Assistant at Aquarian Consult
- Control System (Automation) Engineer at WTS Energy
- WASH Coordinator at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- Principal QA/QC Engineer at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited