The Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, (FUDMA) is located in Dutsin-Ma town, Katsina State. The town is located about 60km south of the state capital. The university is ICT driven and envisioned to be a top ranking, world-class university, committed to excellence in research and production of generation of leaders with passion for service and integrity. The University commenced academic activities in July, 2012 and had graduated four sets of students so far.
University Legal & Industrial Relations Officer (CONTISS II 13)
- ULIRO is responsible for interpreting and advising on legal matters concerning the University
- He/she represents the University at courts and other legal fora
- He/she also handles industrial and union matters in the University
- The Legal Unit is under the Registry and he/she is answerable to the Registrar.
- Possession of LL.B, BL;
- At least ten (10) years of post call experience, at least five (5) of which must have been in a tertiary institution.
- ULIRO is a career position and may, through promotions, reach the rank of Director, Legal and Industrial Relations
- Being a management position, candidates must be of high integrity and be capable of commanding the respect and loyalty of staff. They must be receptive to new ideas and be innovative;
- Candidates must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable
- Possession of higher degrees would be an added advantage
- Appropriate computer literacy is required for this position.
- Salary, allowances and conditions of service are as obtainable in other Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria/Governing Council.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) sets of hand-written application (one copy original, others photocopy), detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of credentials. Applications must include academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate or equivalent, verifiable evidence of work experience and Curriculum Vitae written, etc. in the format below:
- Post Applied
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Functional E-mail Address
- Functional Phone Number
- Local Government and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications with Dates
- Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Work Experience with Dates and Institutions
- Extra Curriculum Activities
- Names and Addresses of, at least, three (3) referees.
Completed Applications, with the code of the post applied for clearly indicated at the top right hand corner of the envelope, should be addressed and sent to:
Federal University Dutsin-Ma,
P.M.B. 5001, Dutsin-Ma,
- Candidates should request three referees to send, under confidential cover, a referee report each to the Registrar with full details of the applicant and the post he or she applied for to reach the Registrar not later than the closing date of this advertisement. The envelope containing the report should be marked "Confidential Referee Report" for easy identification.