INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
Intersos, established in 1992, is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Case Worker (GBV/Protection Monitoring)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Work Location: Monguno (100% based in the field)
Reporting to: Case Worker Team Leader
The case worker is responsible for assessing immediate protection needs, developing immediate care and treatment goals, and implementing and monitoring women, men and children clients’ care action plans.
KEY JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct regular visit to meet with persons of concern within the community and identify individuals at risk and humanitarian needs;
- Conduct interviews for intake and Global Protection Monitoring with individuals identified by the outreach worker or referred by other agencies, and open a case if vulnerability criteria are met
- Conduct timely assessment and case management by creating a climate of trust and care, and implementing the action plan steps, case follow up and case closure as per standard guidelines;
- Ensure and referred basic emotional support for each case and for their close family members, as required;
- Conduct individual assessments for the provision of material assistance, shelter kit and dignity kit or/and transportation costs for medical treatment, as required;
- Refer clients to appropriate services and when necessary directly accompany them to different service providers as needed;
- Ensure good relationships and coordination with the main service providers in the area of
- intervention to improve identification of persons with specific needs for prompt referral, follow up
- and information sharing.
- Encouraged weekly internal case management meetings and make prompt reports/bring to the immediate attention any case of special/emergency needs to the Protection Officer;
- Conduct with the service mapping assessment in the target areas and support the development of referral systems with different service providers and the local NGO/CBO partner;
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability and need-to-know principles
- Ensure proper and safe filing and archiving of case management files and database to maintain data confidentiality
- Plan and conduct service awareness with the Protection Officer and partner;
- Support the Protection Officer to prepare monthly report on activities and conduct site visits to verify and assess activity implementation and the quality of services clients are referred to;
- Identify and report gaps in the availability of services and quality of service provision for clients in the target areas.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor, Project Managers and Protection Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Any discipline (preferably social sciences) from a recognized higher institution
- Minimum one year work experience with international/national NGOs and/or local authorities in the Nigerian context;
- Strong listening and empathy skills, as well as commitment to supporting women and children survivors/ at risk;
- Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
- Good cooperation skills, ability to work well independently and in a team;
- Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
- Stress-resilient to be able to cope with deadlines and complex problems;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
- Computer literate (Word and Excel);
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills.
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Highly motivated, flexible, reliable and trustworthy
- English, Hausa (Kanuri and/or Shuwa desirable)
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Candidates interested in this position should complete this form and attach your CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
Please note that only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 15th July 2019 at 12:00 noon.
Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.