The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 Months
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Approves payments, purchase authorizations and other financial transactions to ensure compliance with staff rules, financial rules and implementing instruments/authority.
- Supervises the preparation of the end of month accounts before forwarding them to Headquarters;
- In close coordination with Field/Sub Offices/Programme Section, maintains a system to monitor and forecast cash requirements to meet administrative and project expenditures. Establishes monthly cash requirements for the office and requests timely replenishments from Headquarters.
- Constantly reviews banking arrangements to ensure timely transfer of funds and minimize exchange loses and bank charges;
- Advises the head of office on all budgetary and financial matters;
- Briefs new staff members or staff assigned to the Field on finance matters;
- In close coordination with Field Offices, coordinate replies to finance related audit comments
- Undertakes other duties as required.
- Ability to manage/administer a finance unit, ability to rationalize work, delegate tasks, apply advanced systems to simplify work and negotiate systems improvements, propose solutions to make best use of staff and financial resources
- Ability to prepare and administer budgets, manage finance sector
- Analytical/Communication/inter-personal skills
- Ability to work under highly stressful conditions
- Ability to work with computers
- Writing/drafting skills
- Ability to train and educate other people
- Advanced University degree
- Managing Performance
- Coaching and Developing Staff
- Managing Resources
- Political and organization awareness
- Interpreting and Developing Policy and Procedure
- Financial Planning
- Financial Reporting
- Providing Financial Support and Advice
- Carrying out Transactions
- Managing Funds
Other relevant qualifications in addition to the above:
- Advance University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other related fields Relevant Experience
- Experience in auditing, accounting/finance
- Work in multi-cultural, multi-national context
- Work experience in developing country (other than own) under conditions of low infrastructure, hardship, insecurity, danger Managerial and Technical Skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) to:
CHAD Office, Bulumkutu Abuja,
Behind Bulumkutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.