It’s safe to say that distribution is in our DNA. Our relationships with services like iTunes, MTN Music Plus and YouTube date back to their launch in Nigeria, and our growing library of award-winning music and content makes us your perfect end-to-end global distribution partner. As part of our offering, we’ll get your music and content to digital retailers, and physical stores worldwide, then lend our sales & marketing expertise to get the best exposure for your releases. All included in the mix: in-house encoding, efficient delivery and dedicated client support.
In addition, we’re always on the lookout for compelling music acquisitions to add to our library. From AfroPop, Hip-Hop and R&B, Gospel to fuji, we have specialized support no matter what the genre.
Main purpose of job
Under the supervision of the General Manager and with operational reporting accountability to the Head of Business Affairs & Operations, you will primarily be responsible for providing our Creative Team with guidance and ideas to launch new impressive projects. You will devise the concepts and strategies for a particular venture and will monitor its progress. You will be able to implement your creative vision and become the point of reference for any creative plan that wants to make its way to the customers.
As the Creative Directors you will be working with graphics designers, video editors, videographers, artists, sales and marketing team to create a vision for products sold, assist in planning advertising, oversee the creative process and give guidance to the creative people that work under you to achieve the best possible outcome of our projects both visually and essentially to meet customer expectations and drive our sustainable growth.
Main responsibilities including but not limited to
- Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines and strategies in various creative projects and oversee them to completion.
- Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy.
- Supervise and inspire the creative team of vendor partners; generate multiple concepts for a campaign or project.
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Direct and motivate the Creative team of graphics designers, video editors, videographers and animators, illustrators etc. to help them use their talents effectively.
- Lead brainstorming/creative sessions to generate ideas.
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects;
- Train and supervise assigned staff and oversee their execution of all creative efforts to ensure they are on strategy, on budget, and on schedule.
- Recommend staffing and compensation changes;
- Work with the sales and marketing team to create a vision for Company products and assist in planning effective advertising.
- Participate in the new business efforts as directed.
- Execute duties and assignments as directed in compliance with corporate guidelines and objectives.
- Facilitate and promote corporate initiatives and values throughout the function.
- Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas and provide feedback to the team.
- Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for the future.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field or 3+ years’ experience of relevant work.
- Experience working alongside experienced Creative Directors.
- Proven experience as a Creative Director or in a similar creative role.
- Hand-on experience in creative process, marketing, graphic design and brand development.
- Excellent working knowledge of a variety of software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- Outstanding leadership and organization skills.
- Proficiency in long and short term planning as well as the ability to thrive under tight deadlines.
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- A strong desire to mentor a team.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Active in the Nigeria sound engineering ecosystem, have good, well established and relevant entertainment industry relationships
- Flexibility and adaptability skills
- Should be proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written).
- Highly organised with ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must have a passion for media, music and entertainment and how technology can be leveraged to add value to these industries.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below