Connect Rail Services Limited - Our company, Connect Rail is at the cutting edge of leveraging rail and in-land waterways in transporting heavy-lift goods by taking the pressure off the road network. Our vision is to build a Pan African logistics business committed to unlocking the challenge of moving goods across the continent
The Internal Auditor is responsible for performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
The individual will be responsible for determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans as well as obtaining, analyzing and evaluating accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc. Internal Audit will deliver independent, objective assurance and advisory/consulting services designed to add value and improve our client's operations and financial position.
- Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues
- Visiting company locations to verify sales figures and adherence to financial controls
- Test of controls which include understanding the business process, performing walk-through based on company control procedures and validation of adherence to procedure by staff
- Performing verification on each financial statement line item. Vouching of support documents and documenting as appropriate using the defined audit process
- Performing analytical review procedures to address all financial statement assertions
- Carrying out monthly audit review of financial statements prepared by accounts
- Partaking in periodic stock taking exercise at all company locations
- Performing vendor compliance review procedures and other agreed upon procedures as agreed with the client.
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides guidance/mentoring to new team members
- B.Sc/HND (Minimum of Upper Credit) in Accounting or other related Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an internal auditor
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel and Accounting/Auditing software (particularly Peach-tree)
- Knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques
- Capable of undertaking financial administration.Inter
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org