Resource Mobilization Manager at Education as a Vaccine (EVA)
Posted on: 13 June, 2019
Deadline: 25 June, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Education as a Vaccine (EVA)
Education as a Vaccine is a non-profit organization created in 2000 to improve the health and development of children and young people. EVA envisions a Nigeria where children and young people reach their full potentials and work to build and implement innovative and sustainable mechanism for improved quality of life for vulnerable children and young people.
Resource Mobilization Manager
Reports to: Head of Programs
Organization Unit: Strategy, Learning and Development
- The Resource Mobilization Manager will be responsible for supporting the development, coordination and implementation of EVA’s overall resource mobilization and strategic communications strategy.
- S/he will responsible for strategic relationships and partnerships development and management, proposal writing, fundraising and strategic communication to support EVA’s work.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the finalization and implementation of a Resource Mobilization and Communications Strategy
- Develop and maintain a current understanding and profile of EVA’s programs
- Develop concept notes, proposals and budgets which drive the achievement of EVA’s strategic plan and align with both EVA and donor priorities.
- Prospecting bilateral, multilateral, philanthropic, and private sector partners and translating partnership opportunity into both funds and leverage in furtherance of program and resource targets.
- Gathering intelligence and analyzing key trends in individual donor policies and plans vis-à-vis EVA.
- Lead on the design, implementation and coordination of an institution-wide, comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that fosters positive and mutually rewarding relations between EVA and its donors.
- Participate in donor relationship management by ensuring donor retention and growth while cultivating new partners
- Provide other support as required in the implementation of the Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Contribute to and review EVA’s strategy documents and knowledge management products to help best position the institution for resource mobilization.
- Organize briefings, meetings, visits and events with current and prospective donors, coordinate programmatic and logistical arrangements, draft reports and set action plans for follow-up;
- Respond to internal and prepare response to external queries regarding donor contributions;
- Support teams to ensure compliance on donor and EVA requirements, including ensuring timely and quality reporting
- Review and approve external communication products and content
- Have regular communication with donors, prospective and established, while working closely with EVA’s Communication Unit to coordinate inputs to external events and opportunities
- Lead on coordination and implementation of communication strategy and plan awareness to support operations
- Support the Executive Director in identifying representational events with the potential for meaningful donor interaction. Provide proactive and timely advice to senior management on strategic interaction with individual donors.
- Represent EVA at external forums and meetings on occasion to position the institution with donors and partners critical to achieving EVA’s strategy.
- The Resource Mobilization Manager will work directly with the Executive Director, Head of Programs Fundraising Officer, Communications Officer and Visual Communications Officer .
- S/he will also work with and coordinate the members of the Senior Management Team in the delivery of key tasks. S/he will supervise the Fundraising Officer, Communications Officer and Visual Communications Officer.
Key Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in International Development, Public Finance, Public Administration, Rural Development, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field
- High level experience of at least 5 years in international development with demonstrable success in resource mobilization for local or international organizations;
- Ability to work with donors as well as manage and build strategic donor relations; sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes;
- Ability to work on performance-based targets for fundraising;
- Fluency in English
- Results-oriented, accountable, proactive and able to work on behalf of EVA with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Results-oriented and accountable;
- Optimistic and persuasive;
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups of people;
- Results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach;
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Education as a Vaccine (EVA) career website on docs.google.com to apply
- Know More About Education as a Vaccine (EVA)Similar Jobs
- Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Youth Led Enterprise Development Officer at IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- Data Quality Coordinator at One Acre Fund
- Consultant - Support the Conduct of Fiscal Space Analysis for Health in the FMOH at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Consultant, Support Training Workshops on OneHealth Tool and STATA at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Consultant, Improving Efficiency of Public Health Spending Through Public Finance Management Reforms at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Consultant: Improving Efficiency of Public Health Spending at National and Sokoto State through Public Finance Management Reforms at World Health Organization (WHO)