AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not-for-profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy in Nigeria but Collectively referred to as AHF-Nigeria. AHF-Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource-constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 6 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi,Cross River, Anambra and supports over 69 clinic sites country wide. The organization now seeks to hire a highly competent, dynamic and hardworking person to fill the position below:
Senior Nursing Officer
Reports to: State Nursing Coordinator
- The Senior Nursing Officer would work closely with the clinician in ensuring smooth implementation of the ART service delivery within the facility
- He / She will directly supervise the ART nurse in providing topnotch HIV care treatment and prevention programs.
- This position is crucial to the achievement of AHF Nigeria’s programmatic targets and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of quality, evidence-based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
- Supervises the provision of skilled nursing procedures (i.e. dressing changes).
- Ensures that medication administration is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Directly performs or monitors the provision of phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered.
- Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
- Acts as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care in the health facilities.
- Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Supervises the provision of patient and family education in supported health facilities.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
- Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality
- Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN an Wor to the medical provider.
- Supports the ART nurses to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling Blood and Injection safety, USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
- Any other duty designated by the State Nursing Coordinator.
Education and Experience
- University graduate in Nursing-BSc or its Equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience in HW program management.
- Knowledge of Minimum Prevention Package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their email-application (Cover Letter and CV as one document in MS Word or PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position applied for as subject of the email.
- The document (Cover Letter and CV as one document) must be saved in the applicat full name
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer