Accountant at OWPPiN Limited
Posted on: 5 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at OWPPiN Limited
OWPPiN Limited, a wood, paper and pulp platform focused on producing high quality wood derived products in Nigeria, for local and global consumption is looking to fill the below vacant position:
- The Job holder is responsible for preparation of the financial statements of the Fund and the Company.
- He/She is also responsible for preparation of the net assets value (NAV) of the Fund on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis; reconciliations, budgeting, cost control and performance measurement, liaising with external contacts (vendors, auditors, tax authorities), revision and update of all procedure.
- Ensures the documentation of transaction processing workflows within Finance and Operations department in standard procedures. Also ensuring that existing procedures are updated and reviewed in line with current practices.
- Prepare monthly depreciation of assets in line with the accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly amortization of intangible assets in line with the accounting policies in place.
- Maintains proper books of account by ensuring that daily transactions are recorded using both the accounting & investment module of the Fund’s software.
- Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly, and half yearly & annual fund valuation.
- The valuation and updating of fund investment in Private equity & Infrastructural fund.
- Forecasting upcoming payment needs of the Company; providing adept analysis of the bank balance vis-à-vis the forecasted payments to ensure adequate funding by the sponsor and also avoiding idle bank balances.
- Ensuring periodic (i.e. quarterly) cash call reconciliations with Parent Company.
- Ensure that balances held by Parent Company against the company (as represented by debit notes) agrees with Company’s records. Also, identifying any differences that may exist, investigating and resolving them.
- Work with departmental managers to develop and prepare appropriate budget for the Fund & company.
- Participate in the budget approval process by the board of directors.
- Analyse monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Seek new ways to improve efficiency and optimize cost – benefit matrix.
- Review operating budgets to analyse trends affecting budget needs.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Responsible for the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Follow-up compliance with approved budget/cost objectives;
- Perform relevant variance analysis and investigate deviations for recommendation and follow-up;
- Interpret budget directives and establish policies for carrying out directives.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Preparation of the financial statements of the Fund and the Company.
- Preparation of the net assets value (NAV) of the Fund on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- University Degree in Accounting, Business Admin, Finance or related discipline (Minimum of 2nd class upper).
- ICAN or ACA certification mandatory.
- Minimum 3+ years relevant work experience, in accounting or finance.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Good organizational ability as well as ability to multitask.
Method of Application
nterested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Recent Jobs from OWPPiN Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Quality Control Manager at OWPPiN Limited
- Know More About OWPPiN LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Finance Officer (Audit and Compliance) at Sightsavers
- Deputy Finance Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Accountant at Kaldi Africa limited
- Financial Analyst at Transquisite Consulting
- Accountant at Paykobo
- Accounts Officer at Sunrose Consulting
- Financial Reporting Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Risk & Compliance Officer at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)