Project Manager at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 22 May, 2019
Deadline: 30 May, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Employment status: Permanent
Department: Info Systems - Service Delivery
- To Plan, Manage The Capex Execution And Reporting, Manage And Allocate Resources For The Execution Of IS Projects In Line With The Needs Of All Business Units In The Organization And MTN N Business Plan.
- Support The Shareholder Return Strategy By Developing And Implementing Information Systems Processes That Are Aligned To Achieving All Elements On The Business Score Card. (I.E. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA Margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management And Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate In The Review Of Business Processes (Headcount, Process Optimisation, Etc.), To Drive Efficiency Gains To Ensure At Least 5% Reduction In Divisional Budget Year-On-Year.
- Serve The Division’s Internal Customers And Provide Solutions To Improve The Customer Experience.
- Strategic Partnerships With MTNN Leadership Team To Drive Awareness On Expected Behaviours And Impact On Non-Compliance On Bottom Line Results And Company Image/Reputation.
- Drive Planned Strategy For The Successful Delivery Of MTN Group And MTNN Transformation Initiatives Focusing On Customer Centricity, Including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive An Increase In MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Constitute Project Team Including Steering Committee And Communicate Roles And Responsibilities, Project Expectations, Scope, Deliverables, Milestones And Resources To All Stakeholders Including Team Members
- Track And Document Changes Project Scope, Identify Potential Crises, And Devise Contingency Plans And Update, Prepare, Forecast And Distribute Project Status Reports To Stakeholders.
- Network And Build Solid Relationships With Internal Units And Relevant Third Parties (E.G. Strategic Investors, Technical And Finance Partners, Business Consultants Etc.) And Develop A Close Working Relationship With Relevant Information Sources To Provide An Integrated Service.
- Maintain Effective Working Relationships With Internal And External Suppliers.
- Coordinate, Coach And Influence External Partners And Essential Support Departments Across MTNN’s Business Units To Deliver A Seamless Pre-Sales And Post-Sales Service Experience.
- Carry Out Feasibility Studies In New Business Initiatives And Develop Project Charter, Identifying Project Scope, Expectations, Objectives, Risks, Approach And Deliverables With Senior Management And Stakeholders, To Support Business Goals.
- Develop Detailed Work Plans And Identify Project Deliverables And Ensure All Projects Are Well Defined In Terms Of Detailed Project Deliverables, Milestones And Time Frames.
- Deploy And Manage Resources Effectively For The Successful Execution Of IS Projects, Securing The Release Of Project Required Resources Including Project Staff And Financial Resources.
- Review Issues And Problems In Relation To Projects, Deal With Vendors And Administer Contracts And Identify Project Risks, As Well As Recommend Actions To Mitigate Risks. Assist In Evaluating, Tracking And Managing The Development And Performance Of Team Members, To Ensure Productivity And Achievement Of Business Results.
- Close Out Project Ensuring All Resources Are Accounted For And Released Appropriately.
- Compile Lessons To Learn For Use By Project Teams In Execution Of On-Going And Future Projects And Participate In Post Project Delivery Review.
- Continuously Seek Self-Professional Development To Sharpen Skills And Capabilities In A Versatile And Evolving Digital Landscape.
- Coach And Train The Team To Ensure Understanding Of The Objectives And Goals Of The Department, Awareness Of Set Targets/Requirements And Regularly Review Their Training Needs.
- Review Performance Of Individual Team Members And Complete Appraisals In Accordance With The Employee Performance Appraisal Procedures And Time Schedules.
- Normal MTNN Working Conditions
- May Be Required To Work Extended Hours
Experience & Training
- 6-13 Years’ Experience Which Includes:
- Minimum Of 3 Years’ Experience In An Area Of Specialisation; With Experience In Supervising/Managing Others
- Experience Working In A Medium To Large Multinational Organization
- Formal Project Management Experience In A Telecommunications Business Environment Or In A Customer Care & Billing Systems (CC&BS) Or An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems Environment
- Proven Experience In Managing Large Scale Digital Projects And Solutions Across Complex, Trans-National , Cross-Functional Program And Channels
- Experience Of Facilitating Project Coordination And Managing Expectations Across Internal, 3rd Party And/Or Client Teams According To Project Requirements And Work Streams From Kick Off To Deployment
- Risk Management Prior To And During The Project Execution, Managing Risks Within Project Timelines, Budgets And Quality
- International Certification In Project Management
- Technology Seminars/Workshops
- Leadership Development Programs
- Problem Solving And Root Cause Analysis Techniques
- General Management Skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Accountant, Tax (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Coordinator, Regional SHE (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Analyst, Customer Acquisition (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Analyst, Insurance Risk Management (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer, Performance Management Systems (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Merchandizing at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Project Manager/Solution Architect at Netcom Africa
- Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium
- Project Manager at SOS Children Villages
- Implementation Project Specialist at Insidify
- FGM Country Project Manager at Plan International
- Facilitator - Livestock (Poultry and Meat Value Chains) at SNV
- Project Management Trainee at Brookstone Property Limited
- Product Manager at Proten