Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer - AIDSFOND Project
Ref Id: sfh-32662
Job Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Project Team Leader, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will Spearhead the roll-out of Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan in line with Aidsfond project and national reporting requirements.
- Establish a system for the flow of information from service-delivery points to the central project database and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will take the lead in strengthening the capacity of health units’ M&E staff and relevant community workers in data collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E activities.
- Ensure state-of-the-art database management practice at the state and perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum of First Degree in Statistics, Sociology, Economics or any other related course
- Minimum of 3 years’ hands-on monitoring & evaluation experience in developing and implementing monitoring plans and management information systems 3 years of which spent working with NGOs
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in HIV programs in Nigeria is desirable.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database, and statistical applications.
- Strong skills in the use of DHIS2 for data management.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Strong mentoring and supervision skills.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate field level data staff.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Ability to work independently, and in a team.
- Ability to make propose solutions related to issues with data generated.
Skills and competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for the successful completion of projects.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.