Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer at Voke Engineering Services Ltd
Posted on: 15 May, 2019
Deadline: 17 May, 2019
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Voke Engineering Services Ltd
Voke Engineering Services Limited is a Private Limited Liability Company established in Nigeria, by a diverse group of specialist engineers to providing Engineering and Project Management consultancy services to the petroleum and Gas ,energy and Power, infrastructure and manufacturing industries. .
Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer
- Contribute to a Floating Systems organization within the SNEPCo Deepwater Projects organization that provides world-class delivery of deepwater projects and assets by leveraging the processes and tools, while developing local Nigerian capability.
- Rotating Equipment engineering includes concept selection, detail engineering, fabrication/installation supervision and Operations Support to existing assets including formulation and deployment of sustainable processes for Bonga Business Improvement Project (BBIP) end-to-end Problem Solving Workstreams.
- Effective strategies for maximizing reliability and integrity of rotating equipment in the entire Bonga Asset.
- Comply and enforce Shell Upstream Lifesaving Rules.
- Ensures effective and efficient rotating equipment preventive maintenance, including assurance tasks.
- Participates in Bonga Business Improvement Project Re-energize rotating equipment workstreams.
- Ensure timely closure of all HSSE related rotating equipment actions in Fountain, Insight Browser, RADAR, etc.
- Implement framework to achieve and sustain top quartile rotating equipment availability and reliability performance.
- Identify technology, tools and techniques available within and outside Shell that can be locally deployed to improve rotating equipment and production system availability.
- Prepare rotating equipment weekly, monthly and quarterly highlights.
- Deliver topsides rotating equipment on floating Systems, with an emphasis on FPSO Systems.
- Understand the interfaces in Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSOs) vessels with civil/structural, mechanical static, rotating equipment, electrical, automation, controls and instrumentation, process, project engineering, asset engineering and Operations/Maintenance of deepwater development systems.
- Exhibit strong, proven abilities in rotating equipment engineering.
- Contribute to authentic and visible leadership in the areas of HSSE, diversity, coaching, interpersonal and technical skills development, implementation of Nigerian Content Development requirements, and cost leadership in a Nigerian environment. Help to maintain the health of rotating equipment for large, complex deep offshore assets safely, on or below budget according to the business plan.
- Understand and use relevant Shell standards, specifications and design processes. Drive technical assurance by assuring engineering and construction of Rotating Equipment engineering discipline scope is carried out in compliance with required project standards and specifications, including DEM1 and DEM2 compliance.
- Develop rotating equipment specifications, data sheets, cost estimates, and manufacturing schedules for rotating equipment.
- Work seamlessly with Shell resources in Houston, New Orleans, Aberdeen and Rijswijk to implement best practices and share learnings.
- Support the maintenance of and suggest enhancement of specialized deepwater design and operations support tools.
- Support major activities on the existing SNEPCO assets, including root cause failure analyses, equipment condition monitoring, asset integrity assessments, machine overhauls and component repairs both offshore and onshore.
- TA3 accountability for Asset technical assurance. Also provide technical support for review of field deviations (FSRs).
- Provide technical support for commissioning/startup of Rotating Equipment.
- The competence required for this position is a combination of leadership, technical, project management skills, experience of building and operating diverse relationships, and understanding the commercial objectives and environment in which Shell Upstream organization operates.
- Skill in a few of the following areas is required: analysis and design of rotating equipment, equipment specification, material selection, corrosion prevention, dynamic analysis of equipment installed on floating systems, risk and reliability, project planning and economics.
- The candidate should have an interest in the technical evaluation, estimation of cost, design, construction and installation of offshore facilities.
- Solid understanding of rotating equipment across the entire lifecycle is required (design, fabrication, installation, commissioning / start-up and troubleshooting and repair).
Experience and Qualifications
- A graduate in Mechanical Engineering with a working knowledge in the development and implementation of project/asset activities and processes, i.e. concept selection, project specification (FEED), detail engineering, construction, commissioning, operations etc.
- Experience should be a minimum of 10 years with excellent inter-personal and leadership skills. Good communications skills (i.e. strong listening, technical report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Prior experience with major upstream Asset maintenance will be an added advantage.
- Experience in design/construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance/equipment surveillance of oil and gas facilities is required.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills will be an advantage
- Excellent PC skills, with emphasis on rotating equipment design spreadsheets and troubleshooting packages is a requirement.
- Delivery of the Rotating Equipment engineering scope for past projects
- Ensure execution of plant changes is carried out in strict compliance with the asset Management of Change process.
- Review of engineering deliverables from engineering contractors regarding Rotating Equipment engineering discipline, ranging from engineering study deliverables to RFQ packages, commissioning procedures, ITPs, etc.
- Participation in engineering reviews regarding Rotating Equipment engineering discipline.
- Participation in safety and quality audits and field reviews.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know More About Voke Engineering Services LtdSimilar Jobs
- Sales Engineer- Valves at Aldelia Limited
- WaSH Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Shelter Technical Assistant - Damasak Shelter Technical Assistant- Nigerian Nationals only at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Electrical Technician at Candel Company
- Quality Control Technician at Candel Company
- Mechanical Technician at Candel Company
- Class Teacher (Early Years Foundation School) at Chelis Education Consult Limited
- Support/Technical Engineer - Equipment Specialist at Chibek Instruments Limited