Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization registered in 2007 with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. HIFASS is also committed to enhancing the quality of lives of the vulnerable population including women, children and disabled persons in Nigeria. We provide local driven solutions to advance better development outcome in health, education and other social services.
HIFASS in partnership with other development organizations implement a donor-funded community Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC) and Pediatric ART Saturation Support programs in Cross River, Akwa lbom, Adamawa & Kano States.
Senior Procurement Officer
Location: Calabar-Cross River
- The Senior Procurement Officer partners with stakeholders to plan, develop, source and manage procurement arrangements to effectively meet organizational and business objectives.
- She/he will consult with DAF and Work-stream leads to identify the main types of goods and services that will be needed in near term based on the current portfolio of programs and operations, and use this to conduct regular market assessments of best sources and prices.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Procurement Plan is completed, updated and executed.
- Ensure Procurement Production Plan meetings are conducted at the outset of each large procurement to ensure all individuals involved in the procurement process are clear on their tasks.
- Update Production Plans in real-time and house them on the One Drive
- Proactively consult with peer agencies and private sector to identify new potential suppliers that can be added to our updated Approved Supplier List (ASL), and whenever possible develop relationships with closest source to production or importation, and explore making bundled orders with peer agencies to negotiate better prices and terms based on joint economies of scale.
- Maintains continued working relationship with local suppliers, visits stores and production facilities to ensure contract terms are respected whenever situation warrants.
- Keep abreast of any changes in governmental taxes (sales, VAT), duty fees, levies and importation procedures.
- Ensure that all actions are governed by the highest standards of ethics, personal and business conduct as stipulated in Procurement Manual.
- Review all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and verily price target that all specifications and requirements are clear and that all corresponding authorizations have been obtained.
- Ensures that all Requests for Quotations (RFQ5) and Requests for Proposal (REP) clearly present all specifications and requirements as stated in the PR.
- Receive and review all bids and quotations in accordance with price target and specs, and prepare quotes summary sheet.
- Organize Bid Review Committees (BRC) if needed, and ensure they follow all guidelines as stipulated in the Procurement Manual.
- Ensure proper filling of all procurement documents for recordkeeping and auditing, and maintain orderly files on active orders and post activities such as change notices, scheduling changes and partial shipments.
- Creates vendor files with all necessary details by service category (e.g. stationery suppliers, electrical items suppliers, machine suppliers, etc.).
- Periodically generate an evaluation report on supplier/vendor performance with recommendations based on service delivery/track record (at least every 6 months).
- Provides details of fixed assess procurements (type, quantity, supplier, price, fund/project number, name of partner, etc.) to the personnel responsible for property management.
- BA/BS Degree in Supply and Purchasing Management or related field such as (logistics or administration), from recognized institution.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working in procurement for International agencies
- Must be scrupulously honest and always foster an atmosphere of trust and integrity.
- Good computers and IT skills, fully capable with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PPT), and experience conducting internet sourcing and price comparisons.
- Demonstrated ability to perform fast, efficient and cost effective procurement service while maintaining the agency’s high standards.
- Good negotiator.
- Experience in conducting market research.
- Ability to communicate in any of the local languages will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to the "Human Resources Manager" in only one attachment (PDF Format) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of the-position and choice of location as the subject of the mail
Note: Only shortlisted applicant will be invited for interview and HIFASS will not cover any cost for invited shortlisted candidates